Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

durangojim

@lentesta and Jim Hill answered my question about the progress of the walkway on their Disney Dish podcast and said it won’t be open until fall. Major bummer, I was so hoping for a mid July date but oh well.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta and Jim Hill answered my question about the progress of the walkway on their Disney Dish podcast and said it won’t be open until fall. Major bummer, I was so hoping for a mid July date but oh well.

You had a great point about it reducing demand for monorail. If it was me, and it was that far along, I'd prioritize it just to have it as a quick "win", even if it's simple.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1591986582387.png

KeithVH

Best as I can tell, the distance (from the central area in front of the boat launch) to the front of CR is about half a mile. From the same point to the front door of GF is a smidge over a mile. Not far on a nice morning knowing you're bypassing monorail craziness but on a hot, humid night after a day at the park, it's gonna be a LONG way to walk. Especially for those who might be accustomed to the shorter CR walk.

pdude81

Best as I can tell, the distance (from the central area in front of the boat launch) to the front of CR is about half a mile. From the same point to the front door of GF is a smidge over a mile. Not far on a nice morning knowing you're bypassing monorail craziness but on a hot, humid night after a day at the park, it's gonna be a LONG way to walk. Especially for those who might be accustomed to the shorter CR walk.

Beats getting crammed in with a thousand sweaty people waiting for a monorail after the fireworks and then wait for the monorail to circle all the way back around to your resort.

JoeCamel

Still better than 45 minutes for a Monorail at the end of the night. and if they take @GoofGoof suggestion you can have a margarita and a seat on a bench along the way. Perfect way to end a night at the MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom