Grand Floridian Staff

BrerPete

Is it true that the staff are trained to speak in English accents at the GF? Also, I understand they never say "your welcome," but rather, "it was my pleasure." Anyone know about this?

elizs77

It's not uncommon for CMs to use certain phrases at their resort to fit the theme. Last year at Poly, everyone called us "cousin."

Even Chick-fil-A says "My pleasure" instead of "you're welcome." :lol:

Upvote 0

lives4disney

Is it true that the staff are trained to speak in English accents at the GF? Also, I understand they never say "your welcome," but rather, "it was my pleasure." Anyone know about this?

That is cute, but no English accent training.

The GF staff is terrific - some of the best CMs at WDW work there.:) Working with guests is usually their pleasure. :animwink:

Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

raugust

Nope

We have stayed there on several occasions and have had conversations with all levels of the Floridians staffing, from manager to grounds keepers and have never detected any British (I assume that is what you mean) accent. I love the staff. They are amongst the best at the WDW complex, IMHO....

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

The GF staff is terrific - some of the best CMs at WDW work there.:) Working with guests is usually their pleasure. :animwink:
Is that so, because I was once spoke to a Cast Member working at the Polynesian and she told me a lot of the Grand Floridian guests, especially those who stay in Royal Palm are some of the most selfish guests and act like snobs. This Cast Member told me she use to work in the Royal Palm lounge and asked to be transferred because she couldn't stand it anymore.

Upvote 0

BPForever

I've noticed the "it's my pleasure" around WDW lately - that's what they say at Ritz Carltons too. Trained to speak in English accents? That's very funny - one of the high, high end restaurants in my city has servers who do that :lol:

Upvote 0

JamieD

Is there a hierarchy of CMs? Do they start at lesser posts (I'm not exactly sure what that would be?) and then move up to where the guests are spending the most money? Best service where you're making the most money? Do CMs start at an All-Star and get promoted to the Grand Floridian?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom