Grand Floridian Resort restaurants, shops and courtyard pool to close for refurbishment this year

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh my- so much "love" for the GF. Is this due to the DVC construction?:eek:
I believe this is a case of getting everything ship-shape for the opening of the DVC wing. Just like what happened at the Contemporary when they were getting ready with Bay Lake Tower, some rework of seating capacity and decor was done. Same thing going on here. The existing GF building will need to accommodate all of the extra load from the DVC rooms.

plaz10

Gaspirillas has amazing food. Its a toss up to me between roaring forks and Gaspirillas for best counter service on property.

You're not helping me deal with my blues of not being able to try the lobster mac n cheese. Hahaha! :D This does reassure me that I MUST try it on my next, NEXT trip!

rudyjr13

I am excited for my favorite hotel to get a big facelift but I have reservations there in October and I don't know what to do!
November for me and I feel the same way. I may call to find out options for the other monorail resorts. 2 kids under 3 so we want the monorail for stroller and MK proximity.

dnscbus

I'm not allowed in the Grand Floridian.

This is the most interesting post I've read in a while.

So would all agree that the Poly is a better choice if the Floridian is under construction? I have reservations in Sept. and may want to change. Just not sure I want to be in a construction zone, but the rooms at the poly can be noisy depending on your neighbor.

alissafalco

I am excited for my favorite hotel to get a big facelift but I have reservations there in October and I don't know what to do!

I wouldn't pay all that money for GF for everything to be closed and to be in the middle of a construction zone. If that were me I would definitely switch to Poly or Contemp. I know Disney does this on purpose, but it's really not nice to do to guests and announce this literally 1 month before they start work. It leaves people almost no time to make different arrangements, and if you didn't read these blogs/websites many guests won't even know until they get there!! Not nice Disney!! Also, why would they do this in the middle of the busy summer???

marlaine8

The pool at the Poly is going to be crazy crowded in Sept. when we are there. I'm assumming the people from GF will head over to the Poly for their pool time.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wow! The GF is getting a total facelift. Let's just hope this means the popcorn lights will be replaced FINALLY!!!

You would have thought that they would have done that when they did were doing the paint and roof work over the past year or two. But NO. Which is a shame because it's really the only thing you see that identifies the GF at night.

alissafalco

The pool at the Poly is going to be crazy crowded in Sept. when we are there. I'm assumming the people from GF will head over to the Poly for their pool time.

I agree, we are staying at Poly from Sept. 15-23rd. oh well, at least we didn't make reservations for GF, then I really would have been upset.

COProgressFan

Gaspirillas has amazing food. Its a toss up to me between roaring forks and Gaspirillas for best counter service on property.

Interesting, as I find Gasparilla's to be one of the worst counter serve resort locations. Limited food selections, poor service, and its kind of grimy and worn in there. Not to mention the obnoxious/annoying video games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom