Grand Floridian Pontoon Boats

dylan0511

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Sun Tracker Pontoon boats need to be reserved? Not the 2 seater, but the boats that fit 1-10 people. Also, you can drive them yourself right?

Thanks

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does anyone know if the Sun Tracker Pontoon boats need to be reserved? Not the 2 seater, but the boats that fit 1-10 people. Also, you can drive them yourself right?

Thanks

You don't need to reserve them, as long as they have them at the rental place you are looking at (they are not at all the boat rentals, but I know they have them at DTD).

Yes, you drive them yourself.

sbkline

I enjoy taking my kids out on the boat if we are at a resort where this is possible. When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, and Carribbean Beach, I took my son out on the boat and this last time, at the Grand Floridian, I took both my kids out.

Unfortunately, at the Grand Floridian, we must have gone out early enough in the day that I felt like I couldn't go anywhere. My intention was to drive from 7 Seas Lagoon over to Bay Lake by the Wilderness Lodge and back, but I could hardly go anywhere without some other boat coming by. Either a Ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom, or the boats from the Resorts to the Magic Kingdom were constantly coming through so I was hardly able to go anywhere.

DaGoof00

we do it every time we're at the Grand! It's a great time, highly recommend. No reservation has ever been needed for us. We always take it out, head up to the Poly, then back down over to Bay Lake, around Discovery Island and then back :)

Jason Hall

I took my son out on the boat and this last time, at the Grand Floridian, I took both my kids out.
4i.jpg

Pooh Lover

I enjoy taking my kids out on the boat if we are at a resort where this is possible. When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, and Carribbean Beach, I took my son out on the boat and this last time, at the Grand Floridian, I took both my kids out.

Unfortunately, at the Grand Floridian, we must have gone out early enough in the day that I felt like I couldn't go anywhere. My intention was to drive from 7 Seas Lagoon over to Bay Lake by the Wilderness Lodge and back, but I could hardly go anywhere without some other boat coming by. Either a Ferry boat to the Magic Kingdom, or the boats from the Resorts to the Magic Kingdom were constantly coming through so I was hardly able to go anywhere.
I agree. We always felt like we were either being watched by a security boat or dodging ferries. We had a lot more fun renting one from POR and going to DTD and back.

Rob562

Just be aware that at some point, usually around sundown I believe, they stop renting them. After sundown you must reserve one of the fireworks cruises, for which they provide a captain for your boat.
So don't expect to be able to just go and rent a boat in the evening to go out for your own fireworks cruise,

-Rob

sbkline

On the subject of renting boats, does anyone know why the Marina at Coronado Springs is never open? We stayed there in April 2010 and again in April 2013 and both times, there were no boats, no bikes, no one running the marina booth, nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom