Grand Floridian--is it worth extra money for a view? m

Since1971

Original Poster
Hi folks--

We are very excited to be heading to the Grand Floridian in a few weeks with my 8 and 11 year olds. We currently have a garden view room, but I'm wondering if we should upgrade to a room with a view. I think we will be spending most of our waking hours in the parks, but if the views are really fantastic, maybe it would be worth the extra money? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

DisneyDebNJ

Hi folks--

We are very excited to be heading to the Grand Floridian in a few weeks with my 8 and 11 year olds. We currently have a garden view room, but I'm wondering if we should upgrade to a room with a view. I think we will be spending most of our waking hours in the parks, but if the views are really fantastic, maybe it would be worth the extra money? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Pesonally, no... but... having said that, I have stayed at the Poly numerous times, and have paid for a theme park view, ONCE. I have to agree with @brokedad but given the construction at the Poly (although I am staying there in the Fall.. old habits die hard LOL) any building you chose at GF (ask for a room facing the pool) you will be good with. Save the extra $$$$, watch the fireworks on the beach, IMHO

jlsHouston

I never pay for a view room unless that is all that is left when I finally book on a discount. So far the only horrible view I have ever had was at the Dolphin. Every standard, preferred, garden room I ever paid for was a decent view of something. Of course I've never had a view of the castle from any room I've stayed in so maybe I would feel differently about what is worth paying for if I had.

DisneyDebNJ

I never pay for a view room unless that is all that is left when I finally book on a discount. So far the only horrible view I have ever had was at the Dolphin. Every standard, preferred, garden room I ever paid for was a decent view of something. Of course I've never had a view of the castle from any room I've stayed in so maybe I would feel differently about what is worth paying for if I had.
like I said, I did it once.... paid for a theme park view at the Poly... along with concierge (I know.. right?!!?!?) All I had to do was leave my room to see the Castle LOL...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hi folks--

If it's worth it to you then it's worth it.

s&k'smom

The GF my favorite subject. Honestly having been lucky enough to stay there the last 4 trips there really is'nt a bad view. Some buildings are more convenient say to the pool (Big Pine Key) or coffee shop (Sago Cay) but I've always had a lovely view. Sometimes of the monorail, pool etc. I would in my humble no it all opinion not pay extra for a view.

Everyone has a different opinion about view. My family loves them. At poly last trip we stayed club level theme park view. Watching fireworks at night from our patio was awesome. Seeing castle lit up through morning was beautiful.
We get views wherever we stay.
But my husband owns his own business. He cannot take nearly as many vacation days as most people seem to be able to do on these boards. We can't do a week every year. We mostly do long weekends once or twice a year, and then a long trip every three or four years. So we choose deluxe for less time.

mebucko

LOL Heya Bill!!! Aloha, Mahalo, lapu lapu LOL
AND, this is another night attraction - great viewing area - for stars or the Electrical Light Pageant or lapu lapus, with Poly music!
DSCN0366.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom