Grand Floridian Castle view?

dvm

Is GF MK Castle view room obtainable? Which buildings would be desired? :confused:

I tried to look at the resort map on allears but couldn't tell. Boca chica looks like the only building. Are there others? I know I can request, but I wanted to know my chances and be very specific in my request.

My son loves to watch the castle change colors at night, and that is why I'm trying to get that perfect view and Disney experience = it's all about the kids!:)

SewIn2Disney

Room tip: For a lagoon-view room with the best vistas of the Magic Kingdom, ask for one in the Boca Chica building. (Magic Kingdom views are also available in Sago Cay and Conch Key.) Rooms in Sago Cay have maximum peacefulness in a setting far from the pool, however, they also require a longer walk to the main building.

Polynesian Resort also has concierge rooms that face the castle....just another option.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Hi...

WOW look at our screen names (mine is soin2disney)...
We went in July 2005 and I requested a castle view. We had the perfect view from Conch Key, building #7. I booked a whole year in advance and everytime I put money down or called for dinner reservations I made sure I requested the castle view again. The view was perfect, we watched Wishes every night from our balcony....:wave:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

IMO nowhere else beats the view of Cindys Castle than the Poly. I know they now have a room reservation catagory which costs more for a MK view. I stayed at GF the year it opened and the only way to see the MK was stand on the balcony. At the poly as soon as I would open the door (the door to the room not the balcony) you could see the castle. Nothing like rolling over in the middle of the night and seeing Cindys Castle all lit up.

Upvote 0

col

i wanted to know what room would be best to request at the GF so i can see the castle. i resort hopped on my last trip and its devine!! now im saving up my money for next year -but next year im gonna split my trip into more disney resorts. i would like a room with a view of the castle but if i didnt get one im always in MK till it closes anyway so whatever room i would be put in i would be fine with that.:)

Upvote 0
I think the Contemporary tower has incomparable views of the castle. On our 2004 trip we were on the 9th floor, MK view, and had the most wonderful time watching Wishes at night from the balcony.

P.S. I requested a MK view last July for our Feb. 2006 trip, but alas when we arrived there were none available. :( It was a major disappointment because that's why we paid the extra bucks to stay at that hotel. Okay... I'll quit whining now! Just FYI, you might not always be able to get a view even if you request one.

Upvote 0

drnilescrane

nksteckler said:
I think the Contemporary tower has incomparable views of the castle. On our 2004 trip we were on the 9th floor, MK view, and had the most wonderful time watching Wishes at night from the balcony.

P.S. I requested a MK view last July for our Feb. 2006 trip, but alas when we arrived there were none available. :( It was a major disappointment because that's why we paid the extra bucks to stay at that hotel. Okay... I'll quit whining now! Just FYI, you might not always be able to get a view even if you request one.
That's weird - there is a paid catagory now specificaly titled Magic Kingdom View, which comes at a premium.

Upvote 0

dr_teeth90210

We stayed in one of the dormer rooms in the Sago Cay building and had a wonderful view of the castle. I would post some pics of the view but unfortunately my photo album is at capacity. Either way, your gonna love the resort and the room.

GF has the most comfortable beds on property!!! Have fun.:wave:

Upvote 0
drnilescrane said:
That's weird - there is a paid catagory now specificaly titled Magic Kingdom View, which comes at a premium.

I know. :( They charged us for the MK view when I booked my package but refunded us upon arrival. I even called twice before my trip to confirm they still had our MK view written in the reservation. Once I got there, they said a convention was going on and they were completely full. Furthermore, we had requested a renovated room and got an old one. (Sigh....) Our trip was still wonderful, but I felt jilted after requesting those things 7 months in advance.

Upvote 0

drnilescrane

nksteckler said:
I know. :( They charged us for the MK view when I booked my package but refunded us upon arrival. I even called twice before my trip to confirm they still had our MK view written in the reservation. Once I got there, they said a convention was going on and they were completely full. Furthermore, we had requested a renovated room and got an old one. (Sigh....) Our trip was still wonderful, but I felt jilted after requesting those things 7 months in advance.
That sucks. In true Disney fashion, the Conventioneering Company probably paid a premium for those rooms and Disney took the money secretly hoping that you would be part of the Statistic that cancels before Arriving.

Upvote 0

MOMI2KIDS

GF castle view!

Summer of 2004 we satyed at GF with our kids ages 4 and 6. We were in room 8405 and watched MK fireworks every night form our balcony. Can't get any better than that. My kids and myself loved it!
We will miss that this summer stayimng at WL. But we want to try that too.

Good luck getting your room and view. I put castle view in my comments when I made our reservation and also but we were celebrating my daughter;s 6th birthday. Maybe that helped.

:) Lisa

Upvote 0

dvm

Original Poster
thanks to all for the help and personal experience details.

I just booked GR for end of may and requested MK view at boca chica building, i hope this works..:confused:

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Doesn't a castle view cost significantly more than even the nicest room without a castle view? I would love to stay in one with a castle view, but was wondering what the general price range is per night.

Upvote 0

col

im thinking of staying at either the GF or POLY next year as a splurge for myself. what i want is a room view of the castle plus i will be sitting on the beach watching WISHES if im not in the park watching it.

whats peoples fave things about the GF and POLY?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh.. if i paid for MK View as a room category and it was sold out when i arrived, i'd be bumped up. I would not accept a discount on a lesser room. I'd be getting concierge and a suite.

Always insist on going up, not down. Never accept down, even if they lower the price. You reserved higher and you deserve to get what you reserved, if not higher - which they have. I do think a concierge room or a suite at the same rate would be a fair trade.

Similiar note: Rooms are guaranteed at 3pm, no matter what any front desk person says - manager or otherwise. 3pm is 3pm and Team Disney off Beuna Vista Drive agrees and they'd better start apologizing profusely and compensating for it.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

I've stayed in both Poly Concierge MK View, and GF Boca Chicha MK View. Hands down (IMO), the Poly has the best view of the castle. Plus, the Poly concierge lounge has a great view of the MK.

Both were great though!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom