Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

Kman101

The previous DVC kiosk by ABC was demolished and then re-paved in a matter of days. If this was simply about widening the walkway I feel like it would have been completed by now and been a much faster project.

Yep. Looks like they're putting up some sort of small building. It can't take this long for that to be a planter ... lol

NiarrNDisney

Hard to tell the type of utility from the photo, electrical conduit or plumbing. Suppose it could be expansion of the restrooms it abuts or a new food service kiosk similar to the one that was built across from the entrance to TSL.

Well I doubt they are expanding the bathrooms especially with Gonzo's Royal Flush bathrooms just around riverbend (sorry had too) so a small Quick Service is highly likely if not a store to hawk some more junk.

rocketraccoon

This photo is from @Bioreconstruct on twitter. Is that the start of a new foundation beside the current restrooms??? This is where the speeder bike photo op used to be located as well as planters. The original thought was that they were simply widening the path for the opening of SWGE but they may also be adding a building.
View attachment 369390
If it isn't bathroom expansion I could see it being a small snack place like there is across from TSL. Would help the Galaxy's Edge line stay happy at any rate.

WDWtraveler

Is that the start of a new foundation beside the current restrooms??? This is where the speeder bike photo op used to be located as well as planters. The original thought was that they were simply widening the path for the opening of SWGE but they may also be adding a building.

Photo update as of Friday, May 31, 2019. These walls indicate a new building / addition behind and connected to the current restroom building. Not saying the restrooms are being expanded, just that the building connects to the current building. This is across from the Star Tours exit at the gift shop.

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

Update as of Friday, June 7, 2019. Now that the new building walls appear above the construction fence, new scrims have been erected to hide the ongoing work.

IMG_1403.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, August 12, 2019. The building structure is apparent above the construction fence now. This new building is connected to the current restroom building on the other side. Not saying the restrooms are being expanded, just that the building connects to the current building. This is across from the Star Tours exit at the gift shop.

The front of this new building faces the Baseline Tap House.

IMG_1687.JPG

The building to the right in the above photo faces the Star Tours exit. Three windows appear on the side. The existing restroom is the corrugated structure on the right and behind.

IMG_1685.JPG

rocketraccoon

From today, it certainly exists:

And the building on the side has openings for a double door on one side, and a door plus some windows on the other (which are covered in brick for some reason?)

I feel this'll be a store or food stand or something. Bathrooms seem silly considering there's ones directly behind it and just down the street.

Jon81uk

From today, it certainly exists:
View attachment 406687

And the building on the side has openings for a double door on one side, and a door plus some windows on the other (which are covered in brick for some reason?)
View attachment 406689

I feel this'll be a store or food stand or something. Bathrooms seem silly considering there's ones directly behind it and just down the street.
I expect the brick infilled window/door are just to give the impression that it is a repurposed building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't get why they got rid of the Muppet stuff and added a generic LA section.

Because the place-setting of the park is Hollywood/LA.

And rather the attractions being a tour of how Hollywood studios make movies/TV, the attractions are worlds created in movies/TV -- created by the Studios that Disney owns -- that you get to be a part of.

So, all the public spaces leading to attractions and lands will be themed to some era of Hollywood/LA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom