Gran Destino anyone?

Zé_Carioca

How’s the parking lot situation at gran Destino? Is it close to the tower or by the older CS buildings?
There is a parking lot right in front of the Tower, which is also the new check in parking lot. Connected to is is a bus stop for park buses as well as a DME stop.

Edit to add: I just realized I hadn't mentioned it but all check-ins are now at the tower lobby, regardless of if you have a tower room or not, which is why the new tower parking lot is the check-in parking lot and bus stop for Disney's Magical Express. From the lower lobby there is an indoor tunnel connecting the new lobby to the old lobby area and that is how guests not staying at the tower can walk to their rooms (unless they prefer to drive). That is also how those staying at the tower can go to the quick service location and gift shop.

Last edited:

Pharmrcool

Some of the promotional material suggests Disney set this resort up to attract large meetings and conventions, does it give off that vibe or does it still have that Disney resort feel? Stayed here 6 years ago before rebuild and liked it then.

Zé_Carioca

Some of the promotional material suggests Disney set this resort up to attract large meetings and conventions, does it give off that vibe or does it still have that Disney resort feel? Stayed here 6 years ago before rebuild and liked it then.
So Gran Destino has a completely different feel than the rest of the resort, Gran Destino feels very luxurious and modern, it still has Disney touches, but there is no denying that it was built for the convention crowd. The rest of Coronado pretty much stayed the same, except the rooms were renovated and match the new style of Disney rooms being added to most resorts. If you liked Coronado before you will probably still like it now if you choose a non-tower room.

Zé_Carioca

But Gran Destino has views overlooking Hollywood Studios. . .
Yes! It is very likely that the non-water view rooms will be facing Studios. My room in the 6th floor had a great view for the fireworks and from the lounge in the 15th floor I could clearly see SWGE, ToT etc. plus could see both Epcot and Studios fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom