Grad night

Tarzan266

Grad Night is a night when a class of graduating high schoolers have the Magic Kingdom all to themselves after the park officially closes to all other guests. The grads will have a chance to ride e-ticket rides, take pictures with characters, etc. They basically have the whole park to themselves.

Hurricane

Plus you get a free photograph mailed to you of you and your friends when you get home, overall grad nite is one of the best end of high school experiences. I'd definitly recomend it to all graduating seniors

sillyspook13

I went to Grad Night last night! It was a lot of fun, but quite different from normal park hours. And it rained the entire night. At 11 PM, the busses pulled up to various backstage locations to drop off the students. We were let off behind Frontierland at the beginning/end of the parade route. Unfortunately the busses from my school were split up, but I eventually caught up with my boyfriend.

Most rides were open except WEDWAY, Timekeeper, CoP, Jungle Cruise (possibly weather related), Pooh (rehab), Big Thunder (weather), and Splash Mountain (closed early because of the weather), plus all of Mickey's Toontown Fair.

There was a comedy show at the Diamond Horseshoe, but we missed it- the house filled up quickly because of the rain. We missed the fireworks and skipped the concert.

Many of the restaurants and snack stands were open. Columbia Harbor House wasopen just for chaperones since it's in a central location in the park. Many of the shops were open as well, and the shelves looked quite empty by the end of the night. Also there were several complimentary photo locations (at least 5 that I remember). We got ours taken in Adventureland since my sister was working there.

Although the park closed at 5, everybody began leaving around 4:30. This time everybody left through the main gate, took the monorail or ferry to the transportation and ticket center, and walked to our busses.

Overall we had a good time, but I'm sure it would have been better if it hadn't rained constantly.:)

I sit here at 10:48, weeping(not really):( . In the last post it was written that they were dropped off at 11:00. I think about my sister and how different it must be. She has no one to take all the pictures of her, no one to grind her fingernails into there skin on rides like splash , and sometimes BTMRR. She has a few friends going but i dont kno if they will stay with her. I hope that she is having the "time of her life". She must have enjoyed Pleasture island and all the other stuff she has done. I just wish i could be there with her. Well on the bright side , in 2 more years ill be in her place . Class of 2005, representing.:D
Well i hope she is having a good time with out me. I just want to be there.

Does anyone know if grad night changes attendance patterns at the magic kingdom during the day or do all grads attend only at night???
it sure sounds like a great thing for seniors.

rokcandy

I never knew WDW did this! I'm grad. next month, but not a Florida resident. :( Ah well, I'm happy for those who are and can go. :)

Sir Hiss527

Grad Nite is for the senior class at the school you will be graduating. All the seniors have the MK to themselves to very late at night.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

Originally posted by WI DISNEY FAN
Does anyone know if grad night changes attendance patterns at the magic kingdom during the day or do all grads attend only at night???
it sure sounds like a great thing for seniors.

nope it doesnt ffect crowds. it all at night. it probly affects crowds at Pleasure island. they have a choice to go there or not. anyways the seniors enter around 11 pm and leave around 4:45 am. My sister said she had a great time. and she got to hold someones are on splash instead of mine.

DisneyWonders07

I wish my class of 2005 would want to go to grad night at Walt Disney World, just 2 problems. They would say that Disney's for babies and that it's stupid. Plus our superintendant won't let anyone fly on senior trips anymore.:(

MicBat

Originally posted by sillyspook13
I went to Grad Night last night! It was a lot of fun, but quite different from normal park hours. And it rained the entire night. At 11 PM, the busses pulled up to various backstage locations to drop off the students. We were let off behind Frontierland at the beginning/end of the parade route. Unfortunately the busses from my school were split up, but I eventually caught up with my boyfriend.
The high school I graduated is there now (went to "Grad Nite" the same night as you). When we went last year, it was raining up until we got to the Magic Kingdom. Did you go to the "Blast Off" party??

triparkal

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Overall we had a good time, but I'm sure it would have been better if it hadn't rained constantly.:)

Ugh... tell me about it. nothing like 8 hours of constant rain to keep your hair clean.
but yeah i was one of the cast members that searched your pockets that night. It was soooo miserable (i still have the sniffels)
as for the rides being closed... only Jungle cruise and TTA are closed (when it's dry) we've had problems with too many guests and not enough cast members in those areas.
-john v

Hurricane

out of curiosity what bands/comedians played this year? We had DJ Skribble, tyresse, and some flash in the pan that played a really cool bon jovi cover that no one knew (living on a prayer). Anyone know?

MicBat

Daniel Beddingfield - April 25, 26/May 2,3
New Found Glory - May 9
Default - May 2, 3
Mario - April 25, 26/May 2, 3
Nivea - May 9
Smilez & Southstar - April 25, 26/May 9

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom