GP Discounts out!

New2WDW

General Public discounts are out according to Mousesavers for check-ins from 10-1-06 to 12-23-06 with some possible black out dates. Must book by 9-30-06 with 3 night minimum.

This is the info I saw on Mousesavers: The package is Season of Dreams
Prices starting at $355 per adult based on double occupancy at a select Disney value resort in standard room, for a 5-night/6-day package. Prices for the same package start at $217 per Junior (ages 10-17), $176 per child (ages 3-9) when they stay in a room with two adults.

I have seen nothing on the Main Disney Site on this yet.
So check into it asap!

New2WDW

Original Poster
I did and saved $395.44 on my trip!

Was there any exact discount like say a room discount?

Also note to all with many people overlapping the previous Free Dining Discounts into the first week of October, ADR's are extremely hard to get for that week so please take note when working out your vacation!

Upvote 0

pshaffel

I used it this morning, and with the discounts I was able to change my second week from CB to AKL for less than my original 2 weeks at CB!! Heavy wait time, though, I was on hold for 45 minutes, but the CM made it more than worth it!
(Note that it is only on packages, there was no room only discount)

Upvote 0

kachow

I would advise anyone that has a trip planned during that period to at least call and see what they can get. We had a week booked in a standard room at the Boardwalk around Thanksgiving and for $6 LESS, we were able to upgrade to a waterview room. Not a huge savings, but it's something and definitely worth a 10 minute phonecall. I didn't get the details of how that worked, but my guess was the only discounted rooms still available at BW during that time were waterview, but they were still cheaper than standard at regular rates.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I would advise anyone that has a trip planned during that period to at least call and see what they can get. We had a week booked in a standard room at the Boardwalk around Thanksgiving and for $6 LESS, we were able to upgrade to a waterview room. Not a huge savings, but it's something and definitely worth a 10 minute phonecall. I didn't get the details of how that worked, but my guess was the only discounted rooms still available at BW during that time were waterview, but they were still cheaper than standard at regular rates.

Nothing wrong with a free $60-80 upgrade.

Upvote 0

swimmom

There are some black-out dates. I got an e-mail from Disney Visa Tuesday night stating the offer for most nights 10/1/06 - 11/18/06, 11/24/06 - 12/1/06 & 12/9/06 - 12/23/06. This would be blocking the week of Thanksgiving, the week of Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading competitions and the week of Christmas. And of course there is limited availability.

Why do we always have to go to WDW at the busiest times of year and not be able to take advantage of these great rates. :(

Upvote 0

mikesoccer40

Hurray for Discounts

Did it yesterday and saved 504.00 and when you add in our accumulated Disney Dollars on the VISA card (421 at last count) we will have a very good vacation in late October.

Smile - Smile - Smile

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

Does anyone know how much the discount is for 3 nights at a value? I want to stay at Pop Century, but if its cheaper to stay at a moderate or a deluxe, I'd do that.

Upvote 0

NCState

Does anyone know how much the discount is for 3 nights at a value? I want to stay at Pop Century, but if its cheaper to stay at a moderate or a deluxe, I'd do that.

I would just call and see. I'm not sure how the discount applies to the package, I just glad to save a few dollars!

Upvote 0

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I keep getting a message saying the package is not available. Does anyone know what the blackout days are?

EDIT: There is a bug in the system, I figured out how to get around it though.

Upvote 0

UKHelen

We've been waiting for these discount codes to come out before we booked our hotel and we saved $800 using the AP rate. As we will be staying at POR for 20 nights we have saved $40 a night which more than covers the cost of one AP. I have to say though that although I was for the phone for almost 30 minutes (who knows what that will have cost for UK to USA) I spoke to a very helpful reservation person and she spent ages moving the combination of 14 and 6 nights around to get all the nights at the reduced rate.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Hurray!!! I've never tried this before, but when I saw his thread, I called WDW and within 10 minutes we saved $240.00 on our package!!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ok I have two rooms reserved at Coranado Springs...not our first choice but its what we could get Dec. 22-Jan 1st. Does anyone know can we turn in our 10 day basic park tickets and apply that cost towards ap's? Just curious because we are going back in June w/a group and I'd like to not have to buy tickets then as well. btw we were quoted $1971.47 for 10 nights, 10 day basic tickets for four per room, 2 rooms. didn't opt in for the meal plan yet..still trying to figure out, we don't usually spend $40 a person adult wise but I have to figure in the added expense of the automatic tip for grops of 8+. So whats your opinion? has anyone stayed at Coranado Springs? We usually do Pop Or Movies.

Upvote 0

daverube

We had already booked 4 nights at the WL for Oct/Nov this fall...the price was just over $1900.00 with dining (we have only put the $200.00 down so far). I called and asked if we qualified for the discount this afternoon and our total cost drop to $1550.00. I asked about the cost at the Poly and was told a garden view room is just over $2050.00.

Great Deals!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom