Government Rebate Checks

Scott Service

Original Poster
Everyone knows the Government is putting out rebate checks this spring to "stimulate the economy". I am planning to take mine and "stimulate" a second annual trip to Disney World this December. Any one else doing a trip with this "found" money?

MousDad

Everyone knows the Government is putting out rebate checks this spring to "stimulate the economy". I am planning to take mine and "stimulate" a second annual trip to Disney World this December. Any one else doing a trip with this "found" money?

Stimulate away, big guy! :wave:

Wait a minute . . . :lookaroun . . . There must be secret ties between the Bush administration and Rasulo's.

[runs like crazy]

natolij02

We are using ours to go this year otherwise....I don't think we would be going with this economy the way it is.....:brick:

phenom1307

what did you have to do to get the rebate again? i heard from someone you had to earn over $3,000 or something like that....maybe i'm thinking of something completely different

Rob562

I think I'll just endorse the check over to Disney and send it right to them... ;)

But seriously, my check will be paying for some work on my car, plane ticket for my Disney trip in Sept (the rest of the trip is paid for), and then anything left over will be set aside for my trip back down in January...

-Rob

Nansafan

what did you have to do to get the rebate again? i heard from someone you had to earn over $3,000 or something like that....maybe i'm thinking of something completely different

According to the commercials I've been hearing on the radio, all you have to do is file your taxes this year and if you don't make too much money, you'll qualify for the rebate. The commercial actually said "even if you don't make enough money to have to file, file anyway so you can get you're rebate check."

From our accountant, the government will start mailing the checks in May on a pre-determined schedule based on your Social Security number but if you use direct deposit for your refund, you'll receive your rebate check sooner. (i.e. if we had opted to receive the check, based on our SS #s, we'd be getting our check in July but because of direct deposit, we should receive our rebate in May.)

BTW our check is going into the checking account to pay down some credit cards.

Minnesota

I am so jealous of anyone who gets to put it toward Disney. I have to put mine towards hay. At 60$ a round barrel, Yikes. BTW We had a baby Donkey yesterday. We had to name him Tennesse. So now we have Zeek, Zeb, Fred, Ted, and a donkey named Tennesse. :wave:

WDWFigment

I'm thinking I might put mine towards a new DSLR...which is only being bought because of my summer WDW trip, so it's all the same!

jtced

Stimulus payment schedule for tax returns

For those of you wanting to know the dates of the checks, I got an email earlier this year with this mailing/direct deposit info.
DIRECT DEPOSIT

Last two SSN digits:
Payment will be transmitted:
00 through 20
May 2
21 through 75
May 9
76 through 99
May 16

PAPER CHECK

Last two SSN digits:
Payments will be mailed by:
00 through 09
May 16
10 through 18
May 23
19 through 25

May 30
26 through 38
June 6
39 through 51
June 13
52 through 63
June 20
64 through 75
June 27
76 through 87
July 4
88 through 99
July 11

People who file a return after April 15 will receive their economic stimulus
payment, but probably about two weeks later than the schedule shows. A
return must be filed by October 15 in order to receive a stimulus payment
this year. See the online calculator for an estimate of the amount you will
receive.

www.irs.gov

We will be booking our DISNEY cruise for our 10 year anniversary with our check.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom