Government Discount

TXDisney

I know Disney does a great Military discount for tickets and rooms, but do they do Government employee discounts. I've been working for the government for 11yrs now and have been to Disney probably 7 times in that time frame and just realiEd I didn't know if I could get a discount.

Gig 'Em Mickey

I work for the government, well state higher ed. You'd be surprised how many places give gov't employee discounts. Just a way to try to earn business. Obviously Disney doesn't need that enticement, they give the military discount as a thank you. That said, if a business wants to offer me discount just because of where I work, I'll take it. Never hurts to ask. Pretty sure Disney gives enough to various governments already. I don't think any group of employees is "entitled" to a discount, but if the business is going to offer it...

Oh, and go Royals!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doctor Seeker

I have worked for the government for a few years and while I haven't heard of any discounts in the park or at disney hotels, DOD employees and military can stay at Shades of Green.

This resort has a very reasonable rate and it is on Disney property near the Polynesian. I have thoroughly enjoyed staying there the last couple times we have visited Disney World

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Why should govt employees get a discount. I understand military. Why govt?
One can debate whether they should or shouldn't. However, many hotels do offer special rates to government employees. Some of them only offer those rates when traveling on official business, while others offer them to government employees whether they are travelling for business or leisure.

Back when I worked for the federal government, I was usually able to snag a 2 bedroom condo near WDW for $300/week through some "government employee" offers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom