Gourmet Pantry

soccer9miahamm

Original Poster
Hi!
Our last trip to WDW was in Feb, 2003, so I don't know if this is true or not, but can someone tell me if the Gourmet Pantry in the Marketplace is really closed. If so, was it replaced by a sandwich shop? That would sure be a shame...loved to go there for desserts after a long day in the parks.

tduck

Yes gourmet pantry is closed tere is going to be two shops there. open now is Goofy's candy store. The other part is suppose to be Earl of sandwich. I think it is a British sandwich shop. It was supposed to open in the fall. I heard they have money problems.

PurpleFigment

Yup, the wonderful Gourmet Pantry is forever gone...why they couldn't have found another location for the Earl of Sandwich that will never open is beyond me. Gourmet Pantry was wonderful for something light to eat -- every place else in DD is a bit heavy. Earl of Sandwich just has signs plastered all over the building that it will open soon, but there are no signs of construction work or anything else going on there. At the rate it's going, it will probably never open.

lebernadin

I think it was in the wrong spot. People go to Downtown Disney for merchandise and restaurants, not your corner gourmet where the majority of things weren't "on the spots."

It would find its niche in one of the MK resorts or as a stand-alone building along the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom