News Gotta Pay2Play: Paid FP on the way!

smile

There is a huge demand for premium experiences. Disney has an entire department to dream up new programs and implement them. Like it or not, there are people willing to pay for almost anything if you offer it.

precisely... dat demand doe
one man's blatant cash-grab is another man's snazzy $250 t-shirt.

float an initiative out there, gauge reaction -
either you're making enough to justify possible back-lash (which there rarely is) or you pull-out under the 'guise' of having reacted to guest feedback - interesting side-effect is the possibility you end up looking like the hero of a war you started.

yet another reason to (respectfully) make your voice heard to TWDC directly if/when you feel it necessary (except you, katiebug... nah, even her, actually)

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I will do the same but only charge $50 a day plus all expenses;)

Edit: Okay, after three minutes and no takers, I will drop my price to $5 plus expenses.
Well, I'm going to leave my fee where it is, so those who engage my services can come here and brag about how much more they paid for it than anyone else...

RSoxNo1

This screams "trial before expansion". Club level rooms are small in quantity so this can be a smaller test before rolling it out to a larger group of people.

Having said that, it's not unprecedented at all. At Disneyland, resort guests used to get a set number of Fastpasses per day (not sure how many or if they still do).

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
If the extra fastpasses are anytime passes that can all be used for Tier 1 rides, they will be worth it when Star Wars land opens.

If this is the case, I almost hope they expand this to beyond concierge. I mean, you could ride FoP twice in one day or book a FoP and hop to another park. Another perk would be to knock out both new SW rides in one day. I mean this could eliminate two days off a vacation. I would pay $200 a day for my family on top of my normal room. This just isnt worth the $400-$500 upcharge that comes with concierge.

WDW John

Sounds great! I hope it's rolled out in time for my Club Level stay at Yacht Club next month. I don't like the FP+ system at all, I think it's terrible compared to original FP. But doubling what I can currently get would be fantastic, especially if there are truly no strings attached. Although, "no strings attached" probably means something different to me than it does to Disney.

Lets Respect

Not surprised at all.

I could see them keeping this to just Club Level guests. I'm not sure how much capacity they have to start offering it to everyone.

Bob Harlem

Speculation: Disney will be gradually reducing "free" availability and expanding this all the way to the 50th is going to happen. It'll open up to everyone eventually, but be VERY expensive based on the season. Discounts for those in Disney resorts, of course. To gauge likely pricing take Universal's express prices and double it... more for peak times (and also remove unlimited use aspect)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Speculation: Disney will be gradually reducing "free" availability and expanding this all the way to the 50th is going to happen. It'll open up to everyone eventually, but be VERY expensive based on the season. Discounts for those in Disney resorts, of course. To gauge likely pricing take Universal's express prices and double it... more for peak times (and also remove unlimited use aspect)

I don't think this will happen. FastPass+ gives Disney a huge benefit in crowd management. To make it premium-only will be detrimental to them. Rather I expect more plussing to happen. (E.g. pay $50 for an extra 3 FPs, another $50 to make them anytime FastPasses. Pay an extra $25 to remove the tiers, etc....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom