Gotham City (the Batman 2022) replaces Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It will be awesome if Marvel Super Hero Island got replaced by a new land due to Disney brought Marvel back from Universal in East Coast so
it will have Marvel attractions at WDW. Universal will announcing they will deal with Warner Bros. and DC Comics to adding a new Batman themed land called Gotham City inspired by Warner Bros./DC Comics The Batman 2022 film along with the sequel. This land will be have attractions, shopping and restaurants based the films with entertainment shows.

So guys what attractions, shopping, restaurants and shows wants to you see for Gotham City.

The Batman (2022) - IMDb

Gotham City in The Batman (2022) : r/TheBatmanFilm

What City Was Used For Gotham In The Batman?
Original blueprints of the Batmobile in Matt Reaves The Batman released by  the artist - Yanko Design

Attachments

• 1662550192504.jpeg
    1662550192504.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 33

MickeyMouse10

I think if they were going to retheme the section it should be based on the comics. Live Action Batman movies usually have a short shelf life. They don't stay relevant for very long and newer versions are created less than 10 years later.

Batman - Batman & Robin (Burton/Schumacher version) - 1989 -- 1997
Batman Begins - Dark Knight Rises (Nolan) - 2005 -- 2012

Batman v. Superman - ?????? (Snyderverse) - 2016 -- ?
The Batman - ?????? (Reeves) - 2022 -- ?

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think if they were going to retheme the section it should be based on the comics. Live Action Batman movies usually have a short shelf life. They don't stay relevant for very long and newer versions are created less than 10 years later.

Batman - Batman & Robin (Burton/Schumacher version) - 1989 -- 1997
I'd rather to use Burtonverse Gotham City for replacing Marvel Super Hero Island instead.

MickeyMouse10

I'd rather to use Burtonverse Gotham City for replacing Marvel Super Hero Island instead.

I do think it would be better than a Matt Reeves version. I didn't really care for "The Batman" at all, I think they botched The Joker and The Riddler in their version.

If you did Tim Burton, it would be more aligned with what Universal originally had planned. Back when "Islands of Adventure" was called "Cartoon World".

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I do think it would be better than a Matt Reeves version. I didn't really care for "The Batman" at all, I think they botched The Joker and The Riddler in their version.

If you did Tim Burton, it would be more aligned with what Universal originally had planned. Back when "Islands of Adventure" was called "Cartoon World".
I believe this Burtonverse Batman land would be opened in 1999 as part of Islands of Adventure opening along with Metropolis (Superman '78 films and comics) and Toon Lagoon (Looney Tunes, Jay Ward and other cartoons and comics).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom