Got Pregnant at Disney/Baby Name Suggestions?

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, everybody talks about experiencing some "magic" while at Disney, and not to provide TMI, but my wife and I certainly experienced some magic during our recent trip! After 14 months trying for our third child, God willing, in late November/early December we will welcome a new member into our family and by the way things time out, the only possible time that that child could have been conceived was while we were at Disney (my wife's first trip to Disney none-the-less). We are considering some names that have relevance to Disney, but aren't blatantly Disney (for example, we are consider Elias [Walt's middle name of course] and Grayson [a play off of Master Gracey] from the Haunted Mansion). Not looking for anything common (like Jack or Woodie or Roy), but not looking for anything so out there that it feels blatantly Disney (like Sebastian or Merida). Anyone have any suggestions? (a name that is not a common name, but something that is not blatantly Disney... something that has a nice subtle nod to Disney...

Wags14

First off congratulations.

We experienced a similar situation as yours, after trying for a while and got some of that Disney "magic" so to speak while on vacation.

Anyways, needless to say we named our first son Elias. Highly recommend it. He loves his name and we get asked about his name all the time.

Good luck to you both and grats again.

Missymoe4

Well, everybody talks about experiencing some "magic" while at Disney, and not to provide TMI, but my wife and I certainly experienced some magic during our recent trip! After 14 months trying for our third child, God willing, in late November/early December we will welcome a new member into our family and by the way things time out, the only possible time that that child could have been conceived was while we were at Disney (my wife's first trip to Disney none-the-less). We are considering some names that have relevance to Disney, but aren't blatantly Disney (for example, we are consider Elias [Walt's middle name of course] and Grayson [a play off of Master Gracey] from the Haunted Mansion). Not looking for anything common (like Jack or Woodie or Roy), but not looking for anything so out there that it feels blatantly Disney (like Sebastian or Merida). Anyone have any suggestions? (a name that is not a common name, but something that is not blatantly Disney... something that has a nice subtle nod to Disney...

I swear I read a post like this awhile ago (maybe a year)...
Someone else was looking for names for their child that was conceived at Disney, and wanted a solid name as a nod toward Walt...

Anyhow, I have no suggestions. Congratulations!!!

mavlax20

Mortimer...the original name of Mickey...however he might hate that name. Oswald was the original creation of Disney before being sold....but that is a neat idea to name your child as a nod to Disney. Congrats also

KLeigh

Congratulations!

• Lily (Lilian) - for Walt's wife or Tiger Lily
• Rose - for Briar Rose/Aurora or the enchanted rose in BatB

If your family has a favorite ride/area of a park you could always research to see which Imagineers worked on the project and use that for some inspiration.

Let us know what you name your newest addition!

Chef Mickey

you-are-not-the-father-o.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom