Got my Incredipasses, eventually...

iamgroot61

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After waiting in a virtual queue for something like six hours (no, I didn't just sit in front of the PC all that time, LOL!), I finally got my APs bought. I went for the top tier because I really don't want to worry about blackout dates. Now that I'm an hour's drive from Orlando, I know I'll be able to make them pay for themselves. In my former life (in Cali) I was a Premiere AP holder for three or four years until they just got too expensive. Before they (temporarily) abolished the program, Premiere APs were priced at $2200 each! I lived in Sacramento (around seven hours drive from Anaheim) and it was no longer practical to own APs. After securing the Incredipasses, I wasted no time and and booked a quick weekend trip for next weekend. My adult son and his GF also live in FL now and they bought passes too so we're going together. Then we're all cruising on the Disney Fantasy at the end of May. Why am I posting about all this? Just to share cuz I'm excited. LOL!

One minor disappointment is that the All-Star resort hotels are all booked up next weekend and I don't think they are eligible for the AP discount from what I could see when trying to book. Otherwise, I'm over the moon excited about having this level of park access! =]

zappy

After waiting in a virtual queue for something like six hours (no, I didn't just sit in front of the PC all that time, LOL!), I finally got my APs bought. I went for the top tier because I really don't want to worry about blackout dates. Now that I'm an hour's drive from Orlando, I know I'll be able to make them pay for themselves. In my former life (in Cali) I was a Premiere AP holder for three or four years until they just got too expensive. Before they (temporarily) abolished the program, Premiere APs were priced at $2200 each! I lived in Sacramento (around seven hours drive from Anaheim) and it was no longer practical to own APs. After securing the Incredipasses, I wasted no time and and booked a quick weekend trip for next weekend. My adult son and his GF also live in FL now and they bought passes too so we're going together. Then we're all cruising on the Disney Fantasy at the end of May. Why am I posting about all this? Just to share cuz I'm excited. LOL!

One minor disappointment is that the All-Star resort hotels are all booked up next weekend and I don't think they are eligible for the AP discount from what I could see when trying to book. Otherwise, I'm over the moon excited about having this level of park access! =]

Under the special offers tab on the Disney website I have seen all-star resorts eligible for Ap discounts before. Congrats on getting the pass :)

Disstevefan1

Breakeven is about 12ish visits so that's easy to do. Any more is gravy.

iamgroot61

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I wonder if they will continue the AP renewal discount for next year?
This is my first experience with WDW APs. At DLR/DCA, I don't think there was any renewal discount, but depending on when you repurchased, if it was before a full year had passed, you didn't lose the remaining time. That's not really a bonus or discount though. I'll happily accept any discount Disney is willing to give. LOL! Oh, the other thing I remember about DLR's AP is that if you purchased park tickets/hoppers and then decided to upgrade to an AP, the money you paid for the single/multi-day tickets was applied.

Tomi-Rocket

First time AP holder here! 😃 I realize I got so lucky🍀, I only ended up waiting and hour and ten minutes before mine (and my friend’s) was purchased. It’s a wait and see how this goes for a year, if it ends up being worth it I’ll buy again next year but if not, I live in GA, it’ll be one and done. I am looking forward to seeing what the year will hold though. 🙂

imthewalrus79

I was pretty lucky too and only had to wait a little over an hour before I got in to the system to get mine. Two questions though, as a first time passholder. I have my virtual pass stored in my Apple Wallet on my iPhone and I have my scannable pass in the My Disney Experience App. Is there anything I need to do when I first get to the park to use my new pass, especially if I would like a physical card, if they still do them?

Also, to get my discount on parking, do I show them my virtual pass or the scannable pass at the gates? Thanks in advance for your help.

Raxel7851

You can stop by Guest Services to get your AP card before you enter the park. We took ours to Guest Services at Disney Springs because it’s less crowded. Congrats on your AP!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom