Got my first pin code FINALLY, but can't use it

Mikester71

So I FINALLY received one of the elusive pin codes in the mail a couple of weeks ago offering the 30%, 35%, and 40% discounts off of a stay at one of the code-specified WDW resorts for the first half of 2010, only to discover that it came in my mother in laws name (she comes with us each trip), but with the rest of the mailing information on the front ours (address, etc.) Now the only thing I can think of is that when we book our trips (my wife and I book them through a local CAA agent here in our town), we usually just go in and take care of all the arrangements for all of us. We live in Canada and she lives across the border in Michigan. The agent must just be putting her down under our address or something each time, which is perfectly fine of course. We usually book two rooms, one under our name and one in hers. Just find it funny that I am the one who has signed up for all the Disney mailing lists and emails and am the one who usually books the trip and that, and the code comes in her name. :ROFLOL: The sad part is we usually go every two years and are planning on going again in March 2011, so the code is useless to us this time. Just wonder if we would have been able to use it next year if we were going and had her book it instead of us! :shrug: Oh well, doesn't really matter much now anyways, does it! :brick:

Mystic

You could always call Disney and find out. Tell them that you are the one that actually resides at that address, not your mother in law. The worst they can say is no but then again they may say yes you can use it.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

This sort of happened to us this year... the pin code came to my email but in my sister in laws name... she had only went one time and we go every year.. luckily she is going with us this year so we can use the code otherwise I would be in your shoes and sick about not being able to use it!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
This sort of happened to us this year... the pin code came to my email but in my sister in laws name... she had only went one time and we go every year.. luckily she is going with us this year so we can use the code otherwise I would be in your shoes and sick about not being able to use it!

Weird, huh! Glad to hear that you guys are at least going to get to use yours. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
You could always call Disney and find out. Tell them that you are the one that actually resides at that address, not your mother in law. The worst they can say is no but then again they may say yes you can use it.

Would if our trip was this upcoming March, but sadly it isn't until March 2011. :cry:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
Wonder what my chances are that they will send one in OUR names next year for the 2011 season!!!! :shrug: Wishful thinking, I know!!! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Club34

i would go ahead and use the code to book a trip over the phone. when you get to the price with the operator let them know you have a pin. dont even bring up the name. i cant guarantee that it will work but i had it done before many years ago.

Upvote 0

Mystic

i would go ahead and use the code to book a trip over the phone. when you get to the price with the operator let them know you have a pin. dont even bring up the name. i cant guarantee that it will work but i had it done before many years ago.

Actually the way it works is the person who's name it comes in doesn't have to be the primary on the reservation but they must be on the reservation, that's what I was told when I was booking with a pin code last year.

Upvote 0

Boomdog15

It looks like they sent a few out to us here in Canada. We received one 2 weeks ago but is in my wife's Grandmother's name (she went with us 3 years ago when we booked). Unfortunately, her Grandmother passed away last February so receiving the email brought up some memories of her Nan. I didn't even want to mention to my wife that she should call Disney to see if we can use it.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
It looks like they sent a few out to us here in Canada. We received one 2 weeks ago but is in my wife's Grandmother's name (she went with us 3 years ago when we booked). Unfortunately, her Grandmother passed away last February so receiving the email brought up some memories of her Nan. I didn't even want to mention to my wife that she should call Disney to see if we can use it.

Oh wow, sorry to hear about your loss. You made the right choice too about not having her call WDW to find out what your chances were for using it...probably not worth it in the long run.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom