Got my Caribbean Beach Cancellation Call.

jeffs10

Yesterday I got My Call From disney Regarding My The Closing Of CBR.
Here is what the offered On the first call.
Im staying for Six Nights My orginal total was

$708.60

First call

AK
standard Room New total of $775.20
Savanna Room New Total of $847.80

Wilderness
Standarad room $775.20

I really wanted to stay at the Polynesian To stay with the tropical theme They said No so I said I will call back tommorow morning with an answer.

Called this morning and here is what they offered

AK
standard Room New total of $775.20
Savanna Room New Total of $847.80

and the Polynesian

Garden View, Two Queen Room $847.80

So I took The Garden View at the polynesian and very happy about it i was almost ready to cancel the whole trip.

not bad came out to
$141 a night Thats not bad for the Polynesian.

Anyone else get any good offers like this?

danamarie27

At first my travel agent said I could get nothing but CS or PO FQ or PO RS. I called Disney and low and behold, they told me that if I applied the October discount codes to my original revervation I could get the WL at no cost and after many days of persistance, I got exactly that. US Airways (package my travel agent got on my behalf) was charged an extra $10 a night for my upgrade and their sales represenative took care of it. How, I don't care. I threated to cancel and rebook with Disney and got my own way. Yes, it was pretty underhanded, but I booked and paid in full for this trip in February and feel I should have been compensated for something. This was my daughter's birthday present and we booked at her hotel choice. I would have loved the Poly, but didn't feel justified in asking for that. I really don't have the money to pay for an upgrade, so I am thrilled with what I got. I am glad everything worked out for you. Please port a trip report and let me know what the Poly is like......one day maybe I will be able to pull it off...Have a great trip.:animwink:

Upvote 0

jeffs10

Original Poster
I Didnt even ask for the poly the second time I talked to them they just offered it for me I am so Happy about it.

The second person i talked to was so Much nicer also the first person Didnt seem to care about it just wanted me to make up my mind right there.

Luckly im driving this year from chicago last year i flew down there and got stuck there During 9-11 so im looking forward to a good trip this year and i will Post an update when i get back on the poly.

jeff

Upvote 0

Juggler

So had you paid for this vacation already?

It seems strange to me (in the UK). When Disney closed the PO (for what ever reason) that I was booked to stay at a YEAR later (this coming Sept!) I was moved at NO cost :sohappy: to the Dolphin which is a five star hotel compared with PO which is a four star. OK it's not the hotel I'd have picked out of choice but the holiday should have cost me an extra £400 per person.

It seems very unfriendly of Disney to turn around and say "I know you booked this hotel but we are going to close it. We'll move you to this hotel but you now have to pay lots extra...."

Your not getting the hotel for the same price or less! or am I missing the point?

Upvote 0

jeffs10

Original Poster
I had only payed my deposit on the room which was $100 and i am very happy to be staying at the poly for only an extra $23 a night Just wish they would of offered it to me the first time.

Im am very happy with this offer it would of cost me more that 600 more to stay at poly orginally so im a happy camper.

jeff

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Juggler
So had you paid for this vacation already?

It seems strange to me (in the UK). When Disney closed the PO (for what ever reason) that I was booked to stay at a YEAR later (this coming Sept!) I was moved at NO cost :sohappy: to the Dolphin which is a five star hotel compared with PO which is a four star. OK it's not the hotel I'd have picked out of choice but the holiday should have cost me an extra £400 per person.

It seems very unfriendly of Disney to turn around and say "I know you booked this hotel but we are going to close it. We'll move you to this hotel but you now have to pay lots extra...."

Your not getting the hotel for the same price or less! or am I missing the point?
I think you're right, changing your hotel is a material change to your vacation and yopu SHOULD be compensated.

Like Juggler, I believe that anyone who is forced to move should be given a reasonable number of alternates with no upgrade price. After all they are the ones being inconvienienced.

Upvote 0

Juggler

But it would have been nicer if you didn't have to pay the extra because of something they've done. Seems like bad customers service to me. But hey, as long as your happy then thats cool! :)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Just what I was thinking! I am happy that you're happy, but if Disney is canceling thru fault of their own, shouldn't they offer some sort of compensation? :confused:

Upvote 0

MattsCath

words from someone in hospitality

You know the saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease? I see this ALL the time working at a hotel (a Sheraton). I just thought I would mention this because my normal inclination when dealing with other people is to avoid conflict, but it seems that a by-product of the service industry is to reward people for being rude. I am not saying that one should be rude, I am just pointing out that I have seen far too many irate customers getting the complimentary upgrades and fruit baskets after taking their frustrations out on the first line of defense for the hotel.

Do you deserve to be compensated when they close the hotel that they have you booked in? Of course!

Will they automatically offer such compensation? heck no.

I guess I'm just offering another perspective on the matter.

Have a great vacation jeffs10!;)

Upvote 0

mwitkus

My travel agent did the work for me so I'm not sure how things went down, but I called her to inform her of what was going on and asked her to get me upgraded at no additional charge, just to see if I could get something. I wasn't really angry about it, as I hadn't chosen the CBR to begin with (my TA did that as well), but figured it was worth a shot. She called me back and told me I had my choice of 2 other moderates or Poly or WL, at no additional charge. I took WL and am definitely looking forward to it! I've never stayed on site before so this is going to be a great trip. If you are being asked to pay an extra fare, I would see what can be done to avoid that. Maybe I just paid a high rate for my trip and that is why it was so easy? I definitely didn't bargain shop, but more or less told my TA what dates I wanted and she did the rest of the work for me.

Just thought I would share my thoughts.

Good luck everyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom