Got my AP MagicBands today

Grumpy1973

It shows them as being in my list of "friends and family" and screen says "some of you may even be able to start testing FP+, which makes no sense as they are 4-9 and we aren't going to go alone just to test this thing out.. Guess I'll just call tommorrow and see what they say, it's not even them not having bands I care about, it's that I can't link them to the Fastpasses. As per the test we were supposed to register by the 17th and visit the park by the 27th, but I can only make reservations for mine and my wife's cards, the kids say "not eligible for MyMagic+"

StarWarsGirl

It is an AP. I put it under family and then linked ticket. In the app it tells me he has fastpass but when we scan the ticket is not there.
So trying to see if I am missing something in a step.
Huh. Sounds like a problem with the system. Contact Disney. 407-WDISNEY. They will be able to link you to a My Disney Experience CM. In the meantime, you can go to Guest Relations or speak to a MDE CM within the park. I know they have spare paper FPs on hand still, at least at GR. They might be able to give you some until the situation is resolved. So sorry. I know this system is frustrating.

WendyTinkerbell

Ok, so far it seems that Florida AP holders are the only ones that I have seen that have been selected for the MagicBand test. Has anyone that is not a Florida AP holder on here been selected?

MissM

Ok, so far it seems that Florida AP holders are the only ones that I have seen that have been selected for the MagicBand test. Has anyone that is not a Florida AP holder on here been selected?
My guess is that they picked FL residents because they specifically asked for us to try out the features before February 27th. It's a lot harder for a non-resident to get there in a week-and-a-half period of time than someone local. I'd go even further and guess they picked Orlando and Tampa AP's specifically (as opposed to Miami residents who face a much larger drive) for the same reason.

skimbob

I am Premier Passholder and I should have gotten one since I pay the most for my pass. They Don't show any love to us Premier Passholders. The whole local thing makes sense for testing but it still stinks.

CMC2920

Hey guys! So I see a lot of hoopla about "being selected" to test AP MBs. To those offended that you weren't "picked," know this: There wasn't any deciding factor or random selection process for which APs got MBs. There was a four day period (I believe it was from January 22-26) where Guest Relations hosts would be at the front of the park, and when an AP came through, they would approach them and ask if they'd like to participate in the test. It was as simple as being at the right place at the right time. It wasn't based off of locality, number of Disney visits, or anything. Just visiting Disney World one of those four days.

MissM

Hey guys! So I see a lot of hoopla about "being selected" to test AP MBs. To those offended that you weren't "picked," know this: There wasn't any deciding factor or random selection process for which APs got MBs. There was a four day period (I believe it was from January 22-26) where Guest Relations hosts would be at the front of the park, and when an AP came through, they would approach them and ask if they'd like to participate in the test. It was as simple as being at the right place at the right time. It wasn't based off of locality, number of Disney visits, or anything. Just visiting Disney World one of those four days.
That may be true for some people but not me. I was at WDW Christmas Eve and then not again until this past Saturday February 15th. No one asked me about any test at any period. I did however, have an existing ADR for Be Our Guest which is why I think we were selected; they knew we'd very likely be coming to the park during the test period.

WendyTinkerbell

I wasn't upset about not being picked and already have a MagicBand from a previous trip. I agree that it is logical for local Florida APs to test out the system since they are more likely to frequent the parks. In fact, that's what made me notice who had been selected and prompted me to ask the question.

By figuring out who has been selected, I think some people may feel less slighted in not getting "picked". So far, I haven't seen any non-Florida AP holders chosen, but wouldn't be surprised if there were some out there.

Mickey87

We were part of the test too BUT only my wife and I were selected apparantly? Only she and I received the bands AND only she and I can select a Fastpass. Think maybe if I call they will be able to help me out? No way we can select 2 FP times and have the 4, 7, and 9 year olds wait in standby lol

I would call them. My parents were selected and when they went to customize their bands on the site, they realized that I was not selected. So they called the support center and the guy was really nice and said it shouldn't be a problem adding me but he would need to talk to his agent. The agent filled out whatever paperwork he needed to do. He said that we would get an e-mail within 72 hours and sure enough I got the e-mail and was able to customize my band in time and all of ours arrived at the same time. They were really great about fixing the issue. To my understanding, that was happening with a few households.

Mouse_Trap

Shame they didn't produce some form of distinctive design rather than just the slider. Does it just clip around the band or does it go all the way around it? Looks like it could be quite uncomfortable. At least, I guess they will not have to issue new bands each year, maybe just mail out a new slider each.

I really can't understand why they haven't tied parking and discounts into the brand though. Are they any locations where you get discount that wouldn't have access Disney systems to use the brand? I'm thinking some of the Downtown Disney restaurants maybe?

Perhaps it's just temporary thing because all their staff are busy sorting out the bugs with the main features.

DisneyCane

I really can't understand why they haven't tied parking and discounts into the brand though. Are they any locations where you get discount that wouldn't have access Disney systems to use the brand? I'm thinking some of the Downtown Disney restaurants maybe?

I know the AMC in Downtown Disney gives an AP discount. I don't think they'd have any way of being tied into the MM+ system (or want to deal with it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom