Got my AP MagicBands today

CohibaMan

Original Poster
image.jpg
My family is one of the fortunate few APs that got selected for MyMagic testing. The bands are typical MagicBands, but they came with a blue "Magic Slider" that says "Passholder 2013-2014." The plastic cards are for parking and Disney discounts. The black card is issued for seasonal Passholders, and the yellow one is for full APs. Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere. Just thought I would share!

MrsCoker

So jealous. We have ours from October when we stayed on property but they didn't come with the AP perks...hopefully we'll get the "upgrade" soon!

MissM

So does this mean you still can't link a normal AP to a MB yet? I thought you could by now :(
Nope. Have to be part of the test.

Got ours today too. We used FP+ advanced reservations this past Saturday after getting the email invite. Worked just fine with my RFID AP cards. I was also able to make changes on the fly from the app on my cell.

Rob562

So does this mean you still can't link a normal AP to a MB yet? I thought you could by now :(

If you're staying on-site and get a Band via that reservation, you've been able to link an AP pretty much since the start of the testing. It's the Platinum APs (the ones with admission to the parks in FL and in CA) that seem to be having the biggest issues.

The OP is one of the first AP's to have been chosen to get a Band and FP+ access without having to stay at a Disney resort first.

-Rob

Decifra

Congrats! My girlfriend and I got ours on Friday!... he he he...funny story, I have been playing with the My Exp app on my phone on a daily basis, trying to see if it will "slip" and let me choose fastpass+ when last Tuesday I noticed it was saying verify your mailing address. I quickly logged in on my pc and saw that it was asking me to select the bands! We immediately selected them (around 11pm EST). The next day I got the invitation email around 1pm, with the instructions on how to proceed! LOL Our bands were already on their way... I think they selected me so I would stop messing with the app... Joking aside, I think we might have been selected because we had our accounts already setup and linked, and we went Saturday Feb 8th to Epcot were we selected fastpast+ at the kiosk. While there the castmember instructed me to either write down or email the times which I replied to them that I already had the app with me and it should show up (which it did, but under my plans for today). I think they could have taken notice that we were ready for them and flagged us. I say this because we just became AP's for our first time in January...

P.S. We also got the AP Member "slider"...

brokedad

View attachment 46508My family is one of the fortunate few APs that got selected for MyMagic testing. The bands are typical MagicBands, but they came with a blue "Magic Slider" that says "Passholder 2013-2014." The plastic cards are for parking and Disney discounts. The black card is issued for seasonal Passholders, and the yellow one is for full APs. Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere. Just thought I would share!
Congrats, guess I will just hold my breath and hopefully not die waiting.I think that im actually starting to like fp+,used it over the weekend and it does make fp easier:)

Cmdr_Crimson

Interesting..All I got when I renewed mine at Epcot was that my PAP was already linked to my band and I got one of the Character cards.

tribbleorlfl

Interesting, knew it was a matter of time before AP's were included in the test.

We stayed on-site this past weekend AND renewed our AP's, but got the generic grey bands from the hotel and were given our "old" plastic RFID cards back @ the ticket window. Wonder if the sliders and new cards will be filtered down to existing AP MB owners, or if those w/ grey bands will be given an opportunity to trade in for colored.

As an aside, looks like we inadvertently discovered a little quirk in the system. It turns out when they have you tap your MB during the AP renewal process, it somehow invalidates the "lead" MB as a room key. My wife and son's worked to open the door, not mine. Took a while to figure out what was going on (including a visit from Engineering to replace the door reader's battery), as the system was showing my MB as active and linked to my AP. In the end, they "re-encoded" it at the front desk which allowed it to open the door again.

Grumpy1973

We were part of the test too BUT only my wife and I were selected apparantly? Only she and I received the bands AND only she and I can select a Fastpass. Think maybe if I call they will be able to help me out? No way we can select 2 FP times and have the 4, 7, and 9 year olds wait in standby lol

How do you link them? It tells me it's linked but when we use the other ticket it says he doesn't have fastpass. Trying to see if I missed something

StarWarsGirl

Yes you can. I have an AP and had no problem linking it to my band when I was staying at Pop. You just add it to your account and it gets you in the park. Pretty simple

Decifra

How do you link them? It tells me it's linked but when we use the other ticket it says he doesn't have fastpass. Trying to see if I missed something

What I did was I created an account for my girlfriend and registered her AP. So I have my account and she has hers. Then I linked our accounts by adding her to mine under Family and Friends (not linking her AP under my account). The system sent an email to her asking if she accepted, which after replying allows me (and her) to make plans together...

Last edited:

Decifra

We were part of the test too BUT only my wife and I were selected apparantly? Only she and I received the bands AND only she and I can select a Fastpass. Think maybe if I call they will be able to help me out? No way we can select 2 FP times and have the 4, 7, and 9 year olds wait in standby lol

I would really call guest services, creating individual accounts for each kid does not sound like the way to go. I read somewhere there was a maximum of 8 MB allowed, so maybe you can link all 3 under your account...this is how it appears in my account...so maybe you will have 3?

Screenshot.JPG

asialeigh

I would really call guest services, creating individual accounts for each kid does not sound like the way to go. I read somewhere there was a maximum of 8 MB allowed, so maybe you can link all 3 under your account...this is how it appears in my account...so maybe you will have 3?

View attachment 46620

You can't link other people's magic bands to your name. If he had 4 MBs under his name they would all read as him for FP+ therefore still not allowing the children to have FP+. Adding the children's names under "family" and then linking each of their tickets to their name should do the trick. But if MBs were not sent to them I would probably contact Disney about it so they can send some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom