GoPro

dailydisneyblogpodcast

Original Poster
I was thinking about taking my GoPro camera this trip, and just recently bought a 9 inch gimbal. Does Disney allow them inside the parks? It doesn't extend so were not it selfie stick territory. If anyone knows, I'd love an answer. Thanks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The gimbal mounts are hand held and "stick like" so I think I would check with guest relations before attempting to bring them in. Short Selfie stick with three axis motion control.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just an update, I was watching Kyle's yourtube vlog Viewfromthecheapseats from Saturday and he actually filmed someone having their gimbal mount being tagged at the security checkpoint for retrieval when they exit. So its a thing. If its stick like its not permitted.

Jahona

How was your time using the Gimbal? I've found I tend to try to be more creative with some shots knowing I can do artificial slider and dolly shots.

dailydisneyblogpodcast

Original Poster
How was your time using the Gimbal? I've found I tend to try to be more creative with some shots knowing I can do artificial slider and dolly shots.
It was great! I am gonna get to use it more in a few weeks, but I used it on seven dwarfs mine train, and it turned out GREAT! There is a video on my youtube channel if you are interested. I cant wait to do more videos like this!
www.youtube.com/thedailydisneyblog

gibson12

You don't mean that you've used a dolly in the parks, do you? I've wanted to for a while but never saw anyone else try it.

Jahona

You don't mean that you've used a dolly in the parks, do you? I've wanted to for a while but never saw anyone else try it.

Keyword "Artificial" You can lock the gimbal to a certain axis and no mater your movements it won't change. If you walk smoothly enough you can get a half decent dolly shot from it. It's not as perfect as an actual dolly but close enough in a portable package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom