"Goofin' Off" at WDW

meeko_33785

Originally posted by Michael72688
This really wasnt a prank but, I was on a field trip to Epcot and me and a bunch of friends were on El Rio del Tiempo and at the beginning we were all screaming at the people who were eating, it was really fun, they all looked at us like we were idiots!

Hmm... I wonder if it was you and your friends I saw a while back on the ride. If it was, please tell some of your friends to keep their arms and legs inside the boat. :lol:

Parkeit

My best friend always tells me how when his older brother was younger he would go on Indy Speed Way and drive around and get to about the middle and then jump out of their cars and everyone would get pilled up behind the stalled car. Personally I think thats a rather punkish thing to do, I would be ed if someone infront of me. Whenever I go on TTA my freinds always think its funny to crawl up on the floor and jump out at me, or tickle me while we are in the really dark part. I wonder what people watching the night vision in that tunnel have seen???:lookaroun :lol:

KathyG/poohbear

Sorry but I think the Maelstrom thing is funny. I had read tourbooks and knew it was nothing to be afraid of....but our whole family was there March 2002. My sister in law and niece who was 17 won't go on any rides hardly not even POTC. They are so funny......they are so afraid there will be a big drop or something. When the boat backed up I told them...oh no I must have gotten this ride mixed up with another one...cause it looks like we are going over the falls...they were in the backseat. You should have seen their faces. I love them to death but when someone sits out every ride...even Buzz Lightyear it starts to get on your nerves.

DisneyCP2000

I was on the UofE attaction with my friends and was sitting by the door. When the announcement that the doors were closing I jokingly started to freak out. I kept telling my friends, "Oh my gosh, the doors are going to close." I kept telling every to move down so I wouldn't hurt myself (we had the entire row to ourselves) or pinch my fingers. When they finally started closing the doors, I started pretending I was all scared of em. I made such a fuss about it that everyone was giggling at me, kids and adults. It was quite humorous.

If you keep it within your party, whatever you do, and whatever "pranks" you pull is fine. But there is a line you can cross if you pull pranks that affect other people. It's true some of the jokes mentioned here also are harmless or in good fun (such as juggling at Cirque). But to disturb people's dinner, intentionally frighten kids you don't know, or ruin the experience of a stranger on an attraction for "fun" is totally inappropriate, incredibly mean-spirited, and downright rude.

Think before you act, people!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by FourFourSeven
If you keep it within your party, whatever you do, and whatever "pranks" you pull is fine. But there is a line you can cross if you pull pranks that affect other people. It's true some of the jokes mentioned here also are harmless or in good fun (such as juggling at Cirque). But to disturb people's dinner, intentionally frighten kids you don't know, or ruin the experience of a stranger on an attraction for "fun" is totally inappropriate, incredibly mean-spirited, and downright rude.

Think before you act, people!
WOO HOO FourFourSeven!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by Parkeit
My best friend always tells me how when his older brother was younger he would go on Indy Speed Way and drive around and get to about the middle and then jump out of their cars and everyone would get pilled up behind the stalled car. Personally I think thats a rather punkish thing to do, I would be ed if someone infront of me. Whenever I go on TTA my freinds always think its funny to crawl up on the floor and jump out at me, or tickle me while we are in the really dark part. I wonder what people watching the night vision in that tunnel have seen???:lookaroun :lol:

Speaking of the ages of the people pulling the pranks, when I was about 10 or twelve riding the Indy Speedway (good ole Indy Speedway:) ), my uncle (who had a five year old at the time) would drive behind me and then ram the crap out of me whenever he had the chance!:dazzle:

figmentmom

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Respect your fellow guests - enjoy yourself, but don't let your jokes or verbal outbursts affect the enjoyment of others

I like to think my sense of humour is just as well-developed as anyone else's, and I love a good joke, but be careful! What's hilarious to you might not seem so funny to a parent dealing with a frightened child, or a senior citizen already regretting that decision to take on a new ride. And BE CAREFUL! If Disney asks you to keep your hands and arms inside the ride vehicle, there's a reason! (I don't want to lose any of you! :) )

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't play pranks on other people really. Just like to have fun and make my family giggle. Like when we go on HM I scream bloody murder at every little thing and it echos through the room. I've also been known on HM to lean forward and knock on my familys doom buggy in front or behind me.

I also will scream on dark rides like Snow Whites Scary Adventure (come on, that thing IS called "scary"). It's most fun to scream the loudest RIGHT BEFORE the doors open at the end of the ride to the unloading place. Then as you come through the doors pant and act like "Thank goodness it's over" and say something like "I need to go to the bathroom and change my underwear. That was SCARY" (heavily laced in sarcasm of course). The people in line look at you like you're the craziest thing they've seen and it always make my family laugh when I make a total goofball out of myself and pull it off straight faced.

Just fun stuff... :p

Brooke

well this isnt really goofing off, but whenever i go with my little cousin who is like 6 i act really scared on all the rides so she feels super brave :lol:

WDWDen

Sometimes when I am the back seat of ToT, I will have my wife or friend, say in a louder voice to me, "now Den, please dont throw up this time. That poor guy on the last trip got it all over him" LOL:lol: I have her say it just loud enough so you know the people in front can hear us, but not so loud that they think were are doing it on purpose:lol: . It usually works great, they will usually look at each other, kinda nervous!! Its all in good fun:)

Great thread!

Dennis

wild01ride

Original Poster
I finally got my chicken Dad to go on ToT for the first time (he was so excited) and he ended up being sick for the rest of the day!:lol:

The funny things is, despite all the talk I gave him about how crazy the drop sequence is, he was all about being Mr. tough guy! In the end, we saw who was tough!:hurl:

i may be only 14 but i got a few good tricks up my sleave too, well 25% good and 75% stupid.
my mom was scared to death on riding tot and i told her that there was one car that just went through the rooms with no drop and she actually bought it,ofcoarse after that she spent half an hour in the bathroom but atleast shes not missing out!
one time i felt like goin on iasw to regroup and no one else did but since they were all first timers i told em there was a huge drop and to hold on tight cause there is no warning. after we rode and there was no um drop i acted all surprised and was like "omg!how can they do this?this was once one of the best rides...o wait,i was thinking of splash mountain!"
ok i know those were all completely stupid but i have many good ones from night of joy which i shall not reveal since last time i did a few certain members here grilled me and by the way they were i thought they were gonna track me down and kill me

CDS Disney

I scream on every little drop on Splash M. even when you drop off the belt when you get on the ride. I just like the looks on peoples faces.

Dizknee_Phreek

omg, i would LOVE to go to WDW with some of you people!!! :sohappy:
there's a few things we've done in the past...dad's all about finding places to put pennys and dimes. then on the next trip he'll look to see if they're still there....i think there's only been one time he didn't get his penny back. he found a gap under a light at the end of a bridge at Dixie Landings but when he checked it, they had changed out the lights or something, so his penny was gone.
of course, screaming as loud as i can on HM has become a tradition.
i KNOW there has to be more...of course, with my fun little things, i'm always smart with it and i never try to do anything stupid enough to hurt myself or others (and by the sound of it, no one else who's posted does either)
hoefully i'll be taking my best friend with me this June, so there will probably be many stories after that trip!! *insert evil laugh here* :goodnevil :D

dimshady81

The people who don't like goofying around or having a good time are that way cause they got goofed on before. I'm at the point now where if someone in line is paying too close attention to my conversation I'll say things just to get a reaction. No matter where it's at. And I don't think anyone here intentionally does anything to frighten or scare little kids. Nothing makes me feel better than seeing a little kid having the time of his life at Disney world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom