"Goofin' Off" at WDW

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by lynnkatherine
*Kali River was the best. My husband and I knew where to sit in the boat in order to be the least wet and we put the rest of my family on the other side, they were soaked!!! *

OKAY...I MUST ASK....WHICH SIDE IS THE WET SIDE...AND WHICH THE DRY SIDE? AND DON'T BE GOOFIN' ON ME!

Yeah, isn't it a round raft??:veryconfu In other words- no sides, just a spinning circle?

I think that one could backfire on you! Doh!:hammer:

kennyj29

wrong!~

When the ROUND raft is up against the boards the part that's facing the rapids is the wettest part. You sit there, you get soaked. We've been on this ride quite a few times and it ends up that way every time. We sat our backs facing the rapids and you get the least wet!! Try it out and you won't make fun of me anymore!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Merlin
And this one isn't a prank but it's fun to do: If I'm visiting WDW and someone I know will be visiting shortly afterward, I'll leave notes for that person at various places around the resort. Then I'll give them clues as to where the notes are hidden and see how many they can find. I've done this numerous times at both WDW and DL. Come to think of it, this would be a fun thing to do with other people on these message boards!

we've done that too! i forgot about that one! my dad left a message for his best friend (who used to frequent WDW until he moved to FL) under a barrel on Tom Sawyer's Island...seems like he found it! i think he might've left one under the same barrel for us, but apparently they clean under those things ever now and then cuz we never found it.

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
You will make any children thats riding in the TTA with you cry and scream.
When you're on that ride and are going into the tunnel (after you pass up the restaurant), mention that there's a big drop coming up around the bend.

again...bring the kids
and you scream "HOLY S**T!!! HERE WE GO!!!" If you have kids in the boat with you.... yeah.. i love making them squirm

I see one of two things going on here:
1) ntn_hagger is trying to get a rise out of people on the boards for fun. (can we say "Troll?")
2) ntn_hagger is a sick and nasty person.

My money is on 1 - time to ignore.

EchoOfOphelia

My fiance and I are usually pretty good at goofing off, but I usually contain myself in Disney World. I have this giant fear of getting kicked out of the park and never allowed to return! :)

DixieBelle97

I know of a couple instances:
The first time I was in WDW with my dad, we went on the Haunted Mansion and were in the "stretching" room. Some woman and her child were laughing and got stared at by an :fork: caretaker. I started :lol: and the guy came over to me and asked,"What are you laughing at?" I just said,"Nothing", in a cute way.

When I was in WDW with my mom in 2001, my friend and I were laughing about something in front of the library on Tower of Terror. A cute bellhop opened the doors when I was laughing and gave me a look. He was about 4 inches away from me and I just looked him straight in the eyes and said,"What are you looking at buddy", with such an attitude. My mom was all :lookaroun so it was :lol: . She had no idea how I was able to look directly in his eyes without flinching. That was a great time. When we got on the ride, the elevator just got in the shaft before it dropped and someone yelled,"Has anyone been on this ride before?" Everyone screamed,"NO!!" and it dropped! That was so funny. When we all got off the ride, we were shaking. That was my first ride on it, so it was awesome.:sohappy:

Indyfan1187

ok its my first post but here goes... ok in may 2001 i went to wdw with the band at my high school for disney magic music days and one of my friends gets scared easily, so we went on HM and she got in the car behind my (big mistake) so we get to the part when the cars turn around and when my car is level hers is still descending and i hit the back of the car really hard and it makes a huge sound and i make a scary kinda laugh and she screams 4 a god 5 seconds... it was so funny

Dizknee_Phreek

Dixie, your ToT story kinda reminded me of my first (and only) ride. we all just got on (yeah...me in the VERY front) and the bellhop was putting all the bars down...when the bellhop goes to tighten down the back row's bars, some kind in the back yells "OW! MY PANCREAS!!" :lol: :D i crack up everytime i think about that!

blm07

Hmmm, I personally think screaming is the weakest (and most annoying) thing. But other ways are funny. One time I went with 2 of my friends, and we were in the Haunted Mansion. At the part where the streching room gets completly dark, someone yelled "don't touch me there, stop!" that was great! I was actaully recording at the time. My friends were making noises on the ride also.

Around the same time, laser pointers were famous, and we were on the TTA. My friend and I turned them on during the Space Mountain part where you go through the queue, and made them point all over the people in line. After we got off the TTA, they told us not to use laser pointers anymore.

This was back when the Skyway was still open, and we went on the TTA like 10 times. That was a great day.

I probably wouldn't do anything like this again, and when I hear people screaming, they look like idiots to me. If your gonna do a joke, make it original, and don't make it so it ruins someones day.

Luke1984

Some of those jokes are hilarious! :lol:

I agree about the screaming too. When people scream at every little thing it ruins the whole ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom