"Goofin' Off" at WDW

wild01ride

Original Poster
Quite some time ago, a friend of mine and I went to WDW with my parents and spent a lot of time on our own doing our own things (we were probably around 14 a the time).

Anyway, for some reason, we got a kick out of riding IASW and placing pennies on each of the corners wherever we could reach while drifting through the ride. Then, we'd ride again and pick up some pennies and put others in other places.

What kind of "pranks" or goofing off (non-destructive) have you all done???

Epcot is my fav

Whenever we go on TTA we tell the cars that are going into space mountain to WATCH OUT FOR THE HUGE HILL...people get scared and the looks on there faces are so funny

lemme think of more....ill get back to ya:lol:

BRER STITCH

I like loudly announcing how "This is the scariest ride I've ever been on" while in any Fantasy Land attraction and watching the color drain from the children's faces.

Then just step back and wait for the screaming to start!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

---------------------------------------

(Just kiding of course!) :p

wild01ride

Original Poster
When in the company of youngsters (sorry parents!:) ) on a ride such as PoTC or Splash Mountain, I love yelling "We're all gonna die!!!!!) before the drop!:lol:

Epcot is my fav

OK i remember.............when we go to Its Tough to Be a BUg....we tell everyone that the show has a few bugs in it but they dont come at you its all on the screen..(these are first tymers)...so when they get into the show we watch them go nuts w/the bugs in their faces and on the seats...its funny:sohappy: :lol: :king:

Epcot is my fav

Ha i remember another one....we go in COP and start to sing the "Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" Song and the people always ask do you love this attraction or something and we tell them thats its so old that sometimes the doors dont open and we spin around for hours b4 they can jar them open again...people get scared lol

mwitkus

I have never goofed myself, but I have been goofed on! Probably by one of you!!!

We went to ride the Maelstrom for the first time ever and had no idea what it was like. While standing in line, we were talking to each other about how we hoped it wouldn't be a "thrill" ride since neither of us do big drops/twists/etc... The guy standing in line behind us had a great time telling us all about the backwards drop that we would go through and what a "thrill" it was... We were so stressed out about the big backwards drop throughout the entire beginning of the ride (and he of course was sitting in the seat behind us)... We were so embarrassed by the time the ride was over and he had a great time laughing at us...

It was funny though - and we plan to torture my in laws the same way this year when they go for the first time!!!

Machine

Originally posted by mwitkus
I have never goofed myself, but I have been goofed on! Probably by one of you!!!

We went to ride the Maelstrom for the first time ever and had no idea what it was like. While standing in line, we were talking to each other about how we hoped it wouldn't be a "thrill" ride since neither of us do big drops/twists/etc... The guy standing in line behind us had a great time telling us all about the backwards drop that we would go through and what a "thrill" it was... We were so stressed out about the big backwards drop throughout the entire beginning of the ride (and he of course was sitting in the seat behind us)... We were so embarrassed by the time the ride was over and he had a great time laughing at us...

It was funny though - and we plan to torture my in laws the same way this year when they go for the first time!!!

I did the same thing to my cousin on the last trip we went on, We got up to the troll part in the ride and I told her to turn around and take a look at the hill and hold on for dear life(she's not really a thrill ride person). Well she turned back around, closed her eyes and hung on for dear life. Needless to say it didn't happen and I was laughing hysterically. :goodnevil

leeocean

Goofing in WDW? Well, let's see...we told a friend of ours that you really didn't get wet on Kali..of course, we got soaked..she was so mad!
Once at the Contemporary, we kept telling people there was a pool on the top floor..the staff at the Cali Grill probably wasn't too happy. "Where's the pool?"
I went with a group of 8 and we all bought those huge sombreros in Mexico. It was so funny. We kept hitting people with the rims of the hats. At least they got a laugh out of it.
I could probably think of many more but that's it for now.

WDWFREAK53

Well, hmmm...

My friends and I walked into the store at Cirque de Soleil and put the "hats" on and all started juggling...walking while juggling, doing those "stick" things...etc. I'm not as good as my other friends but I hold my own...and people started to gather :lol: and clap

Hmmm...what else...

Well, we always speak "loudly" about the "ghost" in PotC named "George" and how you have to say "HI" to him or he'll break the attraction :lol: (People behind us ALWAYS say "HI GEORGE" ) :lol:

there's more...I just have to think

Michael72688

This really wasnt a prank but, I was on a field trip to Epcot and me and a bunch of friends were on El Rio del Tiempo and at the beginning we were all screaming at the people who were eating, it was really fun, they all looked at us like we were idiots!

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by mwitkus

It might have been me- last year when I took a friend of mine on Maelstrom, I told her as we waited outside that one of the boats had gone over the edge when the ride first opened where the boats "peek" outside the building. People around us looked at us and then at each other and got really nervous.:lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
This totally inappropriate behaviour may seem like fun to you but could totally ruin someone’s day. Think before you act. Do you really want the tears of a young child on your conscience? This sort of behaviour should be reserved for Six Flags or some other down market park, like IOA.

Michael72688

Originally posted by happy snapper
This totally inappropriate behaviour may seem like fun to you but could totally ruin someone’s day. Think before you act. Do you really want the tears of a young child on your conscience? This sort of behaviour should be reserved for Six Flags or some other down market park, like IOA.

down market park??? Sorry that you dont like to have fun, and believe me it isn't there goal to make people cry (I would feel awefull if I make someone cry) it is just to joke around

Epcot is my fav

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that you dont like to have fun, and its just to have a good time...not to make any1 feel bad....its all fun and games
CHILL HAPPY SNAPPER>>>>>LOOSEN UP

SpongeScott

I don't pay $200 a day for my family to go to the classiest themeparks in the world only to have some punk teenager try and ruin it by being cute. If you do something to someone strictly within your own party, that's fine, but to be disruptive or rude to those outside your party (people at restaurants enjoying a meal, people walking in the parks, children riding rides, etc.) is rude, inconsiderate, and mean-spirited. I would like to know the ages of the people that are posting their charades or what age they were when they did them. I'm with Happy Snapper on this one. I know how to have fun, but it's not at the expense of others. Grow up.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Sukkasssss, you has just been had by someone goofin off:D Funny how something that I found funny wasnt so funny to others. :)

( Is anyone else having problems posting tonight?)

wild01ride

Original Poster
Sukkasssss, you has just been had by someone goofin off:D Funny how something that I found funny wasnt so funny to others. :)

( Is anyone else having problems posting tonight?)

Right on happy snapper!!!:lol:

I don't know what specifically everyone's bitterness is about, but regarding telling my friend that a boat went over the edge on Maelstrom, I was repeating the story that my 70 year old Grandpa me like twelve years ago when I was a young teenager!

In other words, maybe some people need to lighten up at the "Happiest Place on Earth!" and try to enjoy themselves. If anything, I think that the [little] kids get probably the biggest kick out of a story like that (I did when my Grandpa told me! :goodnevil )

And to add one more thing- I can't say that I've been disturbed by a single "punk kid" ever in my 18 years of travel to WDW (well, maybe besides the pools, but everyone is annoying at pools:lol: !)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom