Goodyear Speed Ramp vs. Space Ship Earth's TV

Surfin' Tuna

Original Poster
Just seeing if anyone wants to take odds on which will be repaired first. I can't remember how long the ramp to the people mover has been broken, but I know the TV in the moon landing scene has been out at least since January.

I'm not getting any younger; at least they could have us walking down not up.

PortOrleans

What a sad sight! You'd expect maintenance to be attentive to these issues, however, it appears that high turnover as a result of the DCP might be leading to poor morale, though it is certainly not solely the fault of those individuals. Is there a way to report these issues online?

Bairstow

I can't imagine that the maintenance people are at all effected by the college program.
Disney wouldn't let interns service machinery that carries guests, would they? That sounds like a liability nightmare.

PortOrleans

I can't imagine that the maintenance people are at all effected by the college program.
Disney wouldn't let interns service machinery that carries guests, would they? That sounds like a liability nightmare.

Good point. I'll see what I can dig up on the DCP website. If DCP participants are on the maintenance team, that would result in some issues.

Surfin' Tuna

Original Poster
It's not that I mind walking up to the TTA, but I still wonder why they don't seem to care. One would think that in all the years the speedramps have been installed that someone would know how to fix them.

The TV in SSE (still out as of last night) is an even worse issue, since it affects the whole scene. No one expects everything to work all the time, but it would be nice if they could get a TV working in 4 months. I get they want an authentic looking TV, but there are ways to do that. If nothing else, they could get a strobe light and have it flashing on the TV.

dan8302

It's not that I mind walking up to the TTA, but I still wonder why they don't seem to care. One would think that in all the years the speedramps have been installed that someone would know how to fix them.

The TV in SSE (still out as of last night) is an even worse issue, since it affects the whole scene. No one expects everything to work all the time, but it would be nice if they could get a TV working in 4 months. I get they want an authentic looking TV, but there are ways to do that. If nothing else, they could get a strobe light and have it flashing on the TV.
Tv was fixed when we went on today

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 66

Surfin' Tuna

Original Poster
What!?!?!?!?!?! Go Disney! That means it was fixed sometime between Tuesday when we went and today. That means it was only out for about four months. If they can fix a TV in four months just imagine what they can do.

mergatroid

The moving walkways seem to be a real problem, the one at Universal was down for months on and off. Mind you the one at the people mover is quite short, how long would it take to replace it with a new one if the existing one is beccoming unreliable?

Surfin' Tuna

Original Poster
This is what I just don't get. It's been there for quite a few years, so it would seem at least one or two people have a handle on how to repair them. It also seems that after all those years they might keep the more common parts on hand for repairs. I used to love Tomorrowland, but it's starting to be a real kill joy. The broken ramp, although not a big deal, added to Buzz's filth, the obnoxiously loud stage, and Stitch... I'll keep going back, because that's where they keep the TTA. On the other hand, they were nice enough to build a coffee shop there. Why fix the attractions when you can throw a new revenue stream into the land?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom