good spots for parade viewing

bgoebel

This is my third trip down with my children (many trips as a child myself) and I still have yet to nail down and choose the perfect place for parade viewing at the parks. Anyone want to provide me with their insight on the perfect place to view the parades (including spectromagic-which will be main street electrical parade when we go down for summernightastic), mickeys dream come true at mk... and mickeys' jammin jungle parade at a.k.. I know what the unofficial guide says but looking for additional insight to add to my itinerary. Thanks in advance.
24 days and counting. Today we made our paper countdown with our dd's for their own reference of when we depart.:sohappy:

loveofamouse

from CMs, I've been told to go to the END of the parade route. it'll be a minute before the parade gets there but there's less of a crowd. We've done that a few times at AK and MK with success.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
I should know this being a fellow disney addict but is the end of the parade route in mk in frontier land?? I have no idea about animal kingdom's parade because this will be our first year seeing their parade. It's the first year we will not have to be returning to the hotel for our youngest daughter's nap time. She's just about given up naps so we will most likely stay at the park for the whole day.

Upvote 0

lisa2465

I thought that the MK daytime parade started at Splash and finished at Town Square, the nighttime parade runs the opposite way (or at least they did when we were last there in Dec 08)

When I was in MK last year the day parade started in the town square and ended at splash. Mickeys very merry christmas parade started at splash and ended at the town square. Don't know if it has changed this year or not and also not sure on the parade at A.K.

Upvote 0

coltow

After fighting the masses on Main Street for many years we switched to Liberty Square, near Liberty Tree Tavern. That works for us. We have also found nice spots near Splash for the parades at MNSSHP and MVMCP. Basically for us these days we avoid Main Street, there's just WAY to many people there.

Upvote 0

mls

Liberty Square

By the Hall of Presidents, there is a porch to the right (by the walkway to little market). We sit on the porch , rocking charis and all. I think it's even in the shade at that time of day. It is up higher so we can see the parade, without the crush of the up-close kind of people. I don't like to be smushed, so it works well for us. We get there a little early, then grab an iced coffee or ice cream from next door.

Upvote 0

Korfar

Another vote for Liberty Square. We always watch from there. Where they make the turn to head towards the castle is great. Lot of places to sit comfortably and it isn't as crowded as Main Street.

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

I avoid main street like the plague. EVERYONE crams over there and it never fails that Im standing by the Rude-y family. lol. Anywhere else is better than that ;)

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I really like sitting in front of the candy shop in Frontierland in the MK for Spectro. There's a raised wooden box you can sit on, to get you off the hot pavement. When it's warm, the door to the candy shop remains open and you can feel the air conditioning from inside. Plus, you know...it's a candy shop!

Now that I think about it, I have to make sure this location is in the next Unofficial Guide. Thanks for reading the book, bgoebel!

Len

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
Thanks Len... That means alot coming from one of The EXPERTS!!! The unofficial guide is the only guide I buy when I have an upcoming trip...read it cover to cover. I'll try the candy shop. My 7 year old has her eye on treating everyone in the family (with her chore money she's saving for DisneY) to jelly beans or other goodies from the main street candy shop (goofy's) but maybe we'll use it at the frontierland shop and buy treats for parade viewing. Thanks everyone else for your tips. Added the viewing locales to my itinerary. Also added character spots and times I found on this site if anyone hasn't seen it they should check it out
http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home (site a friend gave me).

Upvote 0

sorcerergoofy

Where is the best place to be at the MK to see BOTH the parade and fireworks? We normally watch the parade from near HOP and then head to that tree across from the Noodle Station for Wishes!

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

Wishes

Last summer we saw wishes from Crystal Palace View! You talk about perfect! Yes they canceled the Spectro magic because of an upcoming thunderstorm so ALOT of people made a b-line to the exit BUT they still had wishes! There are a few benches over there and a popcorn cart right across the street and since a lot of people left we stole the spot. There are fans (thank you!) and you have a perfect view of the castle. The only downside is that if the firework is really high you do get obstructed by the roof.... We just sat there as enjoyed our new friends (who were sitting next to us) and had a blast!:lol:

Upvote 0

threebeesatdisn

My favorite place to watch SpectroMagic is in Frontierland. I don't know if you can still do this but we usually get our food fixins at Pecos Bills and either sit at a table there where we can see the parade route or move to the stone wall right by the parade route. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom