Good place to eat for special dinner ??

coastermom

Original Poster
OK we are off to USF/IOA for a few days for my daughters sweet 16. Her birthday is a Saturday and we are at the HRH . Any ideas? I was thinking Hard Rock Cafe. Any other good places for 2 "older" women and 2 teenage girls? :brick:

crazydaveh

For a 16 year old Bday, i'd say the Hard Rock is an excellent choice. If she's into Buffett, then go to Margaritaville, if not, then Hard Rock. If you want a fancy dancy dinner, go to Emeril's! It's nice, but will cost you some coin!

Have fun.

coastermom

Original Poster
I have a feeling she is going to want to choose. I am also thinking of Mythos. I hear it has amazing views of IOA. I want to make it special but not totally blow the bank while I am there. We already are springing for the trip for four of us . I am taking her friend and one friend for me . ( needed adult time .. could look like this after this trip..:hammer:) I booked the club level at the Hard Rock and we are flying down for the first time . We usually drive so this will be her first flight.:sohappy: We are so excited . Thanks for the help guys

kcnole

You probably won't be able to get dinner at Mythos. It almost always closes by 4PM, at least any time I've been there. It is a great restaurant, but for the event I'd go with either Hard Rock, Margarittaville, or Bubba Gump depending on which theme she's more into.

coastermom

Original Poster
I am thinking it will be Hard Rock but that really is going to have to be her choice . I may still have lunch at Mythos anyway just because it sounds like everyone really enjoys it when I ask them :slurp:.

sknydave

Mythos is awesome. Since I get friends and family 50% off their tickets because of my annual pass I always make them buy me lunch at Mythos!! hehehehehe

kcnole

I can never remember the exact name, but if you do eat at Mythos, make sure you order the ooey gooey banana chocolate cake.

coastermom

Original Poster
I can never remember the exact name, but if you do eat at Mythos, make sure you order the ooey gooey banana chocolate cake.

OMG just the name of that cake sounds AMAZING :D. I am pretty sure now we might hit it up for at least one lunch if not for dinner. Everyone says its amazingly good .:slurp:. I am just ready for anything that isn't in NYC at this point.

Anything Disney

I booked Mythos for a late lunch on the 29th. The last seating is at 3:00pm, and will eat again way later. Time change will help if we eat dinner at 9 or so, it's like 7 at home! :lol: My daughter is also 16 and Mythos was her choice!

coastermom

Original Poster
I booked Mythos for a late lunch on the 29th. The last seating is at 3:00pm, and will eat again way later. Time change will help if we eat dinner at 9 or so, it's like 7 at home! :lol: My daughter is also 16 and Mythos was her choice!

Please post after your visit and let us know how it is . I was told they offer a discount if you have a AAA card. I think someone said it is 10% off your order but doesn't include any beer or wine etc. Enjoy your dinner it sounds yummy :slurp:.

BarryH

Ooey Gooey Banana Chocolate Cake? What, are you 10 years old? :)

No really, the official name is: "Warm Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake." At desert, they may wave desert shots in your face, but say no to the shots. Say, "I want a Warm Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake, now, now, now, now, now, now!" Your mouth will be in heaven, believe me! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom