Good news for cancelling ADRs! Update - confirmed! 2 hr cancellation window

DisneyfanMA

Why would Disney turn down guests who want 3 sit-down meals a day? That simply doesn’t make business sense.

Also as I said non-park dining is open to anyone and there is no way to limit that.

Then you have the Lounges like Ogas. Would they be excluded?

to spread the experience out, if demand is truly there. (same number of tables will be served, but with more unique guests experiencing....aka less guests being shut out). They wouldn't make a penny more, its more about guest experience. I don't think they will actually do this BTW. Certainly not Chapek's Disney! Just my $.02

And I am only referring to full sit down meal service inside parks, not Disney springs etc.

ceecee101

Why would Disney turn down guests who want 3 sit-down meals a day? That simply doesn’t make business sense.

Also as I said non-park dining is open to anyone and there is no way to limit that.

Because people like those of us who live n the west coast have a much harder time getting them. Even now trying to get one I couldn’t at 60 days (even though I wasn’t up right at 3:00 am) I have alerts set and often many of the alerts go off while I am asleep, like 2-3 am. It would be nice to actually be able to get them

JohnD

So is the 2 hour thing accurate or not? I saw it elsewhere (could have been BlogMickey or the Site That Shall Not Be Named) but was waiting for WDWMagic to post it themselves. If true, I was wondering if that was because of using G+ and ILL causing you to switch up your plans almost immediately and because of the two hour wait before making another choice.

Chi84

Premium Member
I doubt this is going to make too much difference in the way people behave. I know there are many people who won’t book a Disney owned restaurant on travel days because of the possibility of delays triggering the no-show fee.

For example, our last two trips we chose Frontera Cocina and Jaleo instead of Toledo and Flying Fish on our arrival day. With a two-hour cancellation policy I would feel pretty comfortable booking Disney restaurants.

phillip9698

Just make it one reservation per meal period and if reserving in park dining then you need to list everyone on the reservation.

There is no reason for one person to hold 4 dinner reservations on a given night.

If you want to exclude something like Ogas then fine.

Chi84

Premium Member
People need to have park reservations now. It’s unlikely they’re going to be holding dinner reservations in different parks until the last minute.

JIMINYCR

Nah, it will just lead to even more selfish behavior and making it a mess for everybody...... Those who refuse to preplan, get what they get.... Everybody knows if you don't you may have little options....
Any cancellation that comes in, even something in this new shorter time period will be welcomed for guests walking up hoping desperately for a table. Waiting for our ADR slot to open up to be seated, we see many guests asking if there possibly would be a table open and disappointed to be turned away when told no. Disney never has enough seats to satisfy the numbers wanting to dine.

MissingDisney

People need to have park reservations now. It’s unlikely they’re going to be holding dinner reservations in different parks until the last minute.
Honestly, I’ve heard people love this change and are actually planning to do just the opposite. With PH they can make dinner reservations for basically every park and decide late afternoon where they want to hop to based on conditions and wait times or whatever.

Disstevefan1

Before they charged for canceling you would walk up to a sit down location and ask about a walk up and they would say there was no tables available but looking over the CMs shoulder there many empty tables.

I let’s see how the new rule works out.

To be honest I like it like it was in the old days, when there was no advance dining reservations. I remember getting same day reservations to eat in the castle.

I know, I know, that was a long time ago, but it’s a fond memory.

PolynesianPrincess

They need to limit you to one ADR per dining period. One breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner. If they are going to drastically cut the amount of advance time needed to cancel, they must do something about the hoarding of ADRs. It makes no sense to allow people to have dining reservations for every hour of the day to the most popular restaurants, and then allow them to dump them a couple hours before the due time.

I was part of an ADR group on FB. People would post ADR's they were going to be dropping so they could potentially coordinate with someone who might need it. People were holding Ohana dinner ADR's 2 hours apart, 4 ADR's per night for 4 nights of their trip. I eventually left the group because I was disgusted with how many people do this. They 100% need to limit you to 1 per dining period. But that won't stop people from just putting ADR's under their spouse or childrens accounts, so not sure how they would handle that.... perhaps there is no way to stop the greedy my plans matter more than yours ADR horders.

PolynesianPrincess

3 different meals a day is one thing. But no one needs to have 3 Chef Mickey breakfasts booked at 2 hours apart, 3 days of their trip. The lists of ADR's some of these people were dropping were insane. I don't know how they even managed to get so many, but they did. One woman was dropping 16 Oga's reservations a couple years back. Disney needs to force you to pick one and cancel the rest for each day, if only so others have a fair shot of getting what they want.

ceecee101

As someone who has been trying to get 1 specific ADR since my window opened for two months (we leave in a week to go) and who needed to use multiple of the reservation finders places to just get this ONE reservation, I totally agree. I finally got it today. So now we have 2 ADRs for our whole trip. Another difficulty of being On the West Coast and having to compete with hoarders who don’t have to get up at 3 am when the window opens

phillip9698

As someone who has been trying to get 1 specific ADR since my window opened for two months (we leave in a week to go) and who needed to use multiple of the reservation finders places to just get this ONE reservation, I totally agree. I finally got it today. So now we have 2 ADRs for our whole trip. Another difficulty of being On the West Coast and having to compete with hoarders who don’t have to get up at 3 am when the window opens

Which service finally landed for you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom