Good Meal at Shutters?

stevehousse

What did u have there and more details on your not so pleasant experience please...I am staying there this fall and actually have an ADR for our arrival night.

slappy magoo

I quote the Unofficial Guide to WDW - You wouldn't come here for dinner if you weren't already staying at the hotel, but if you need to sit down and be waited on, this will meet your needs.

Ringing. Endorsement.

The guide's reviewers give it 2.5 stars for quality, 2 stars for value. The reader's comments are more forgiving, with only 31% giving it a negative review. Hey, if this were a movie at Rotten Tomatoes, that would be considered "fresh" and then some.
Of course, a movie never gave me diarrhea...

OK...maybe some Michael Bay flicks...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've eaten there when staying at CBR and it was so-so. But I wouldn't recommend it unless it was your only option your first night.

Phonedave

I ate there once, maybe 8 years ago or so, so take this review for what it's worth.

I had fried coconut shrimp, and then some sort of pasta with shimp in it.

I would put it in the same realm as Turf Club - If I was there and wanted food, I would eat there again. I would not go on a special bus or car ride to go there though.

I think I took picture and wrote some kind of review when I was there. Maybe I can find it.

-dave

Phonedave

OK - it was on an other site (yeah, I don't post there anymore) - I copied it here.

Apparently I liked it - who knew?

-dave

I had dinner reservations at 5:00 at Shutters - the Caribbean Beach sit down place. It would have been nice to sit down, have a relaxing meal, and the catch my DVC to the airport. But no, I had to leave enought time to catch internal shuttle to the Customs House.

As I was seated for dinner a HUGE front rolled in and started dumping massive amounts of rain. I had a window seat where I could watch it roll in and watch people try and stay dry using pool towels as makeshift umbrellas.

Bread at Shutters was good. This was the third Sourdough I had this trip (whats with all the sourdough) and quite possible the best.

4dinner1.jpg

Coconut shrimp as also quite nice. Its hard to mess this dish up, but the shrimp size and amount were decent.

4dinner2.jpg

Pasta with shrimp was excellent. Wilted spinich, black olives, paresian cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and shrimp. All with pasta that was cooked nice and al dente. I would have added capers, but then I love capers. I have been known to eat cold pasta with oil, vinegar, black pepper, canned tuna, and large amounts of capers - no accounting for taste I guess.
biggrin2.gif

4dinner3.jpg

So then it was a sprint through the rain to the bus stop (as my umbrella was over in the Customs House in my laptop case which they were holding for me) A ride over to the customs house (where for some reason I could not get up on cellular broadband) and then an eventless DVC ride to the airport, a JetBlue flight home, a bus ride to my car in long term parking, and a 20 minute drive home, getting in the door about 1:15 AM

-dave

I've eaten there a few times, and, while it's nothing exceptional, I've found that it is a good meal if you're staying at the CBR. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there if I was staying at a different resort.

Bugz

We have stayed at CBR every year for 6 years and we eat there at least once while staying there and never had a bad meal , service is very good also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom