Good Luck with Reservations

StarshipDisney

Wow! I was up at 0500 this morning ready to make ADRs for our December trip to Disney. I was at it the moment the reservations opened up for days 61 through 65 of our "60 + 10" day window. So, I was guaranteed to be ahead of anyone staying off-site who can only do 60-days. Again, only days starting after the day after we arrive were checked (days 61-65).

I could not believe the UNAVALABILITY:

'Ohana: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner.
Space 220 Cafe: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner including the lounge.
50's Prime Time Cafe: Nothing available except an 8:25 PM dinner on day 62. Time is unacceptable so nothing.
Tusker House: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner.
Steakhouse 71: Nothing available for days 61-65. Changed the party to 3 and got a table on day 61. But will show up with 2. Hopefully they don't turn us away.

Tried changing the party to 3 on all others...no change.

I was able to get us a place to eat in each park, but not what we wanted. Had to settle for the likes of Chefs De France and Rainforest Cafe. I guess one positive was that I got the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK and the Caring for Giants Tour at AK.

Let this be a lesson to those staying off site that you are basically screwed regarding ADRs. Even staying on-site does not guarantee you any premium places to try.

Overall, this morning was not a positive experience. I really wanted Space 220 but nothing doing. I'll check continuously until the trip but do not have high hopes.

DCLCruiser
180 is better for me because even if I had to wait a few days to reserve my odds were better that I could still get what I want. If I miss even an hour at the 60 days mark I probably won’t get what I want.
So much easier to book far in advance

Upvote 0

DCLcruiser

DCLCruiser
180 is better for me because even if I had to wait a few days to reserve my odds were better that I could still get what I want. If I miss even an hour at the 60 days mark I probably won’t get what I want.
So much easier to book far in advance
In that case yes, 180 days is better because there could be less competition. I meant in terms of the getting up early part. It's the same.

I would recommend MouseWatcher to anyone. I was able to get Space 220 and Ohana after awhile for the end of Nov/early Dec.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Just FYI, I had said I'd come back and report on "next-day" ADR availability after the hurricane cancellations settled down (testing the theory that due to last-minute cancellations, or last-minute staffing decisions that increase capacity, or both, last-minute reservations are for more plentiful than they used to be).

Tomorrow, for a party of 4, lunch at noon (give/take one hour): I can book at 50s PrimeTime, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, LTT, and 36 other restaurants. For dinner at 6pm (give/take one hour), 57 restaurants have availability, including 50th PrimeTime, Be Our Guest (regular or MNNSHP package), Le Cellier, Steakhouse 71, Topolino's Terrace, and Tusker House. If I really wanted 'Ohana tomorrow, I could get in at 9:35pm, or Sci-Fi, if we split into parties of 2, at 12:15pm or 3:50pm. This kind of availability is far better than what my family saw when we visited in August 2021 (when crowd levels were at a 1 or 2 out of 10, by touringplans' reckoning), and tried to make some day-before TS ADRs.

In conclusion, my takeaway is that while last-minute ADRs aren't necessarily as widely available as when I did my hurricane-skewed test search a couple of weeks ago, I still think that for those who don't succeed at first, trying again last-minute is a good strategy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mitchk

Wow! I was up at 0500 this morning ready to make ADRs for our December trip to Disney. I was at it the moment the reservations opened up for days 61 through 65 of our "60 + 10" day window. So, I was guaranteed to be ahead of anyone staying off-site who can only do 60-days. Again, only days starting after the day after we arrive were checked (days 61-65).

I could not believe the UNAVALABILITY:

'Ohana: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner.
Space 220 Cafe: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner including the lounge.
50's Prime Time Cafe: Nothing available except an 8:25 PM dinner on day 62. Time is unacceptable so nothing.
Tusker House: Nothing available for days 61-65 lunch or dinner.
Steakhouse 71: Nothing available for days 61-65. Changed the party to 3 and got a table on day 61. But will show up with 2. Hopefully they don't turn us away.

Tried changing the party to 3 on all others...no change.

I was able to get us a place to eat in each park, but not what we wanted. Had to settle for the likes of Chefs De France and Rainforest Cafe. I guess one positive was that I got the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK and the Caring for Giants Tour at AK.

Let this be a lesson to those staying off site that you are basically screwed regarding ADRs. Even staying on-site does not guarantee you any premium places to try.

Overall, this morning was not a positive experience. I really wanted Space 220 but nothing doing. I'll check continuously until the trip but do not have high hopes.
As far as the space restaurant keep checking on that because the lounge area becomes available sometimes throughout the day… Keep checking on my Disney experience for the reservations… And if you can’t get them when you go to the park make sure you go up to the space restaurant and ask them if there’s any availability in the lounge… A lot of times there is… Well maybe not for December but early December you should be able to get in there… It was pretty cool the highlight of it was really just the trip up to the restaurant well not really a trip but simulator ride… I got the chicken and waffles they were pretty good but nothing to write home about … Good luck

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom