Good iPhone Apps for the Parks?

cjgren

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster (how often is that heard?).

I'll be heading back to the parks for the first time since 2003, this time on my own, 21+, and with friends as opposed to family. My question is what are the best iPhone apps for at the parks?

I know Disney released official apps for Verizon customers only and can only hope they'd be released by the time my trip comes in November, but I don't think it'll happen. :rolleyes:

erinshaneb

What about a schedule app? I have one that does the dining that I can add my own reservations into, I have undercover tourist (lite version), I have the mobile of this one..I was looking for one that I can add reservations too, parade times and maybe with an alert or something so we don't get caught up in things and forget..any idears?? lol..thanks

Upvote 0

Fashionista007

TouringPlans.com has a series on this topic:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2010/08/19/the-connected-traveler-part-1/

My favorite is TripIt. It's free and it's AWESOME. It organizes your entire trip from transportation to the airport, gate and terminal info for your flight in real time, lodging information, etc. And I really like that you can upload documents and attach them to various events in your itinerary (such as confirmation emails and ADR reservation numbers). I'm going next week and this is the first time I've had an iPhone in WDW. Here are the rest of the apps I have:

WDW Maps
WDW Hours
WDW Waits
WDW Dining
WDW Guide
Secrets Gold
What 2 Ride
WDW Lines
Undercover Tourist
WDW Radio
Digicomics
Disney Facts
Disney.com
Radio Disney
Disney Channel Cover Styler

Non Disney general travel apps I find useful:
My TSA
SitOrSquat
AAA Roadside
Yelp
GateGuru
iSpreadsheet
iTripBookLE

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Thanks so much..I have been kinda playing with Google calendar, but it's kinda hard to use on the Iphone..I at least was able to plan our days by putting stuff into it..make sure we aren't park hopping between three different parks in one day..we are also leaving next week..WOO HOO..well SUNDAY BABY !!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

wcj1968

WIFI in the park

I have been looking for Apps for our trip next spring. My daughter has an Itouch which I think need WIFI to access the internet. Is WIFI readily available in the parks and resorts? I assume some of the better apps require some sort of access to maintain the most current information.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Any of the ride wait time apps are going to need WIFI, and WIFI is not available in the park pretty much at all. I've been able to pick up signal in the Animation Academy in DHS, and the seating area by the doors nearest to the Land in Innoventions at Epcot. (Random---yes).

The Park Hours App is nice, but I'm not sure if it requires WIFI to work (I have the iPhone, so I'm always connected).

For the iTouch, I'd focus on finding games and stuff to play while in line. I don't think you'll be able to get any Disney apps that will be useful without WIFI.

Upvote 0

Mickey4All

I currently have the What 2 Ride ,Park Hours,WDW Radio, and My kids found a new one this weekend called WDW Countdown that is similiar to my desktop countdown this way we can countdown our days to DISNEY!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

I have been looking for Apps for our trip next spring. My daughter has an Itouch which I think need WIFI to access the internet. Is WIFI readily available in the parks and resorts? I assume some of the better apps require some sort of access to maintain the most current information.

There is not any free Wi-Fi available in the parks and resorts.

Upvote 0

LilMinnie

I currently have the What 2 Ride ,Park Hours,WDW Radio, and My kids found a new one this weekend called WDW Countdown that is similiar to my desktop countdown this way we can countdown our days to DISNEY!!!:sohappy:

Just got the WDW Countdown app! I didn't know about it. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

I used the WDWDining ALOT...it was great..It helped me remember when my dining reservations were (since my calendar screwed up) and it helped me find food alot..We pretty much know the parks, but this way I could give my daughter a choice of food and she could have her mind made up before we got there..Even waiting for our table in Sci-Fi we had an elderly couple that we were talking to and the man said he wishes he knew what was on teh menu so he could decide now...BAM whip out the Iphone and pull up the menu

Upvote 0

eyeoftigr

VACATION TIME!!! Thanks WDW COUNTDOWN!!

68963l.jpg

Upvote 0

Wdw lines from touringplans.com is a great app, it costs $10 a year. Wdw dining and maps is great too.

I know about the WDW Dining, but what "maps" are you referring to? Is it anything that uses GPS to show your location in the park and guide you to wherever you may want to go? We will be in WDW the first week of Dec. and I was hoping the Disney's Mobile Magic would be released on Android by then.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom