Good Books?

adam_goodger

A bit of self-promotion, I'll apologise now!!!!!!

I'm currently writing a book that contains the history of Walt Disney World up to Phase 1 of the build in October 1971. It then move on to concentrate about Magic Kingdom and goes into detail about every ride, attraction and show ever created their including a ride-through of some of the more elaborate rides.

Hoping to publish it in about about June/July.

I'll keep people posted on the progress.

DrKermit

I too recommend reading Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination . Neal Gabler details Walt Disney's life and achievements in such a way that it just makes you to keep on reading. The book also has wonderful pictures regarding Walt.

A must have! :)

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
Wow! I`m a little overwhelmed by all these books. I`m not really sure which to read first. They all sound great. Gabler or Thomas? It sounds like Gabler gives you the absolute truth about Walt whereas Thomas tends to sugarcoat the facts in order to keep things in a more possitive light. This is what I am gathering from your posts, am I correct in this assumption?

plutoguy32

Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World by David Koenig

I just finish reading this book. It was a really good history of Walt Disney World from consept to now. It talks about buying the land, building the parks, what was going to be built but wasn't and what was. It includes information about all the parks and many of the hotels. I highly recomend it.

I agree... this is a good history of WDW. I recommend it to all!

devoy1701

I'm reading "How to be like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life" right now...as the others have said...it's very good! I find myself laughing with the stories...agreeing with the quotes...I'm definitely enjoying it... it's my first Walt biography but it's made me want to read more of them!

jestrfyl

Fun in the Parks

If you are looking for something that will help build anticipation and give something fro your family to look forward to as well, I recommend the Hidden Mickey Books. They cause you to look at all aspects of the park in new ways.

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
OK, my wife just gave me the Bob Thomas book and the Neil Gabler book for my BD. Which one should I read first?

Elonwy

This is one of my favorites- WALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING: A BEHIND-THE-DREAMS LOOK AT MAKING THE MAGIC REAL (Paperback)

I agree...definately one of the best especially for people who want to know the how's and why's behind the attractions, theming and secrets of Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom