Good audio-mixing prog. for Disney park music

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Hey all, I was wondering what's the best free program that is available to mix your park audio files together?

For example, I have a bunch of the Disney's Dreams Come True parade underliner with the each unit per file. This can be downloaded over at Mousebits. How would I go about mixing these together so that each file flows together like the real thing?

Same goes with the Carousel of Progress (current show) file which can be downloaded at Mousebits. I have both sets but I would love to be able to have both flow smoothly from beginning to end. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Since no one has replied, I'll throw some info together. Use GoldWave or Audacity (Free) to splice together your files, and then you can resave in any format.

If you want to have an audio CD, use Nero or Similar to burn all of the tracks, and select no pause, or 00:00:00 as the pause time. This will allow them to merge with one another and sound just fine in a CD player.

Hey all, I was wondering what's the best free program that is available to mix your park audio files together?

For example, I have a bunch of the Disney's Dreams Come True parade underliner with the each unit per file. This can be downloaded over at Mousebits. How would I go about mixing these together so that each file flows together like the real thing?

Same goes with the Carousel of Progress (current show) file which can be downloaded at Mousebits. I have both sets but I would love to be able to have both flow smoothly from beginning to end. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Frightful

In Audacity you would put all the tracks in (it has a limited number of tracks but you should be able to copy/paste all the unit tracks onto one), then fade the main theme up and down as the units come in. It might be a little bit tricky to make it sound good in Audacity, although honestly I know little about the program. ProTools is much easier, but you could probably take a Disney vacation for the same price.

Then you would export the whole project as mp3 or wav for one convenient file.

If you have more specific questions I might be able to help, but I'm still learning this stuff.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I downloaded Audacity, but it says that it can't import audio CD files and that I should try ripping the file(s) to a native audio format in order to import the file(s). Can someone help me out here? I'm completely lost.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Thanks for the links. I'm looking for something free currently. Really can't afford to pay for a program right now. Would anyone be able to mix together the files that I've mentioned and send them to me?

Frightful

I downloaded Audacity, but it says that it can't import audio CD files and that I should try ripping the file(s) to a native audio format in order to import the file(s). Can someone help me out here? I'm completely lost.

Hm I thought you could import from CDs. What format are they? They're just in your computer right, not on CD?

I would love to do it as a practice project but it's finals week for me so it wouldn't be in a timely matter. Plus I stopped using Mousebits because I can't figure out how to get my client to seed... I hate technology sometimes.

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
Cool, thanks! Do you also have the Carousel of Progress (current show) from Mousebits? Not the "Best Time" version that is already together, but the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" version? Those are separate files as well. If you could also piece those together, that would be great! I agree with Frightful about the technology these days. Thanks again!

If they are audio CD files, then you need to use Audio Grabber (also free) with the lame-mp3 codec (also free) to rip those tracks into MP3 files. Then you can manipulate them however you like.

coolmark18

Cool, thanks! Do you also have the Carousel of Progress (current show) from Mousebits? Not the "Best Time" version that is already together, but the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" version? Those are separate files as well. If you could also piece those together, that would be great! I agree with Frightful about the technology these days. Thanks again!

Dont have it and had a wee look but couldnt find a torrent with it sliced into bits. Any clue of the name and I'll happily try do it for you?

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
It's the "Carousel of Progress collection" or something like that. It has the current show (split up into the intro, the show scenes and the finale) and then the 1975-93 "Best Time" version (complete show, not split up) and the World's Fair version I think. Let me know if you come across it. ;)

*Edit - Someone just posted a new torrent over there with the whole current show in one file, exactly what I was looking for! So if you're looking for it, it's there. Thanks for your help with the parade one! :)

coolmark18

Cool. Well if you need anything else, give me a shout. And anybody else can check out the Disney Dreams Come True page if they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom