Pre-Trip Gonna end up fat and single...

Hey guys, :p

1701CD8C-DC7F-4149-A29F-32B22E2EDFB6_zpsamcm9ds3.jpg

I finally am getting around to writing a true pre-trip report. Usually, my Disney plans are set in stone oh, you know, 180 days out…. But planning this trip has been so different! I have changed my mind constantly about what day we’ll go to what park, what time we’ll eat at what restaurant, and even what restaurants to book an ADR for. Disney has not been cooperating either, as I have no idea when the Star Wars fireworks will be, or what time Animal Kingdom will stay open until, and if Rivers of Light will even be a nighttime show in the fall. I have been pulling out my hair, driving myself (as well as my boyfriend) completely and utterly crazy. He just doesn’t understand the struggle of planning THE ULTIMATE DISNEY TRIP. My boyfriend has literally given me NO input, so I’m on my own. Okay, maybe he did suggest T-Rex and returning to Teppan Edo and I shut him, but that’s beside the point. ;);)

5A4D8A01-3AFD-4E7F-AEE1-924D67D003CF_zpswdnhbibg.jpg

Myself and my BF, Joe

Now don’t get me wrong, I think of one the best parts of any Disney trip is the planning process! I sit at my computer with butterflies in my stomach looking at menus, and park hours, and firework show times. I probably have ten tabs open at all times of solely Disney websites. I wake up every morning and refresh my app to check on my reservations, just to make sure this is all real and not one big dream. I get myself all giddy and try to share my Disney planning accomplishments with people in my everyday life and they just don’t feel the same way!

Me: “Babe, I scored us a Be Our Guest reservation at 12 noon on our first day! TAKE A LOOK AT DEM APPLES.”
BF: “Nicole, what?! Are you talking Disney to me?”

So here I am, to share with you good people who understand my love and obsession with all things Disney and Disney planning. Without further ado, here are my pre-trip plans!
I’m too excited to sleep!!

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney from Friday, November 4th until Sunday, November 13th. That’s 10 days, 9 nights in my most favorite city in the world, the one, the only, Orlando!

F88589B0-FFD9-4CB5-B057-A4F83E654ADD_zpsvkdtvfdf.jpg

We have gone once before together, back in 2011, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I was not as knowledgeable back then, and we ended up just stumbling upon the Food and Wine Festival, and completely missing the Christmas Party. (Who knew these things existed? Who was I?)

168F4334-3DD0-4C54-9E33-C3DB38B40143_zpsxbpwlrt8.jpg

I moved last year to the Philadelphia area, so we will be flying out of Philadelphia at 6:10 PM, arriving in Orlando at 8:57 PM.

8902950F-7FEF-42FA-8CCB-8EB0BC305D60_zpsq6ebeilz.jpg

a0556c40-88d0-4e33-bb13-ab9a600f282b_zpsqupfnogi.png

Here’s hoping I can find my way around the Philadelphia airport, because as we all know, I am severely directionally challenged.
We plan to do 6 days at Disney, with the magic your way tickets with park hoppers and the water park add on, check out the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and spend 2 days at Universal (the dark side). Last Christmas, I read the Harry Potter series, for the first time, and I just could not put the books down. My boyfriend dragged me to his work Christmas party, after just finding out Dumbledore freaking dies, and I had everyone at his dinner table consoling me. We had a movie marathon, and I just think it’s time I checked out these other parks in my beloved city of Orlando.

AF851F05-B263-4735-97F6-4E701AEBB017_zps3xf9kq9i.jpg

09D7A238-2FE1-4DC5-B67D-8A983BB3233F_zpsgjkoakrl.jpg

48B87CBD-6876-4666-B9DF-E2D404288425_zpsox9i02f4.jpg

CA08DCE9-2E26-4497-A922-6F8738CD964F_zpsvtffxwk3.jpg

Since we fly in at night, and are trekking over to the dark side, this leaves us with an abundance of table service credits. Seems like such a great predicament to be in (right?!), but this has made planning my dining so tough! Where to eat, where to eat!? Now, a girl is not complaining, because after moving out of my parents’ house, I now know how hard it is to make dinner every night. (Mama, I miss your home cooking.) You must plan out what is needed at the grocery store, and you never realize the time and effort that goes into a meal that you devour in less than ten minutes flat. Is it strange that I am most looking forward to not cooking for ten days? I APPRECIATE YOU DINING PLAN.

I went back and forth between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside. I was even pricing out All Star Sports and Art of Animation. After much debate, with myself, I finally settled on Riverside. The resort looks super gorgeous with a touch of romance, and I still can’t decide if I want to be in Alligator Bayou or The Mansions. It’s all just too beautiful that I think I may leave that decision up to the Disney Gods.

18710CC7-7643-4E9D-BA1D-B672C8F133CE_zps8faz9f6x.jpg

41D854F9-B570-44B4-9391-AB3D3EF8848B_zpscleotckq.png

420939EB-9CC1-493D-BCF2-C8CEE2BF3EEB_zpsy5jokt7a.png

C418CE07-0A98-4917-9F90-1AD56C017605_zpsuvnxa5ei.png

So there’s the basics, the flight, the hotel, the tickets. Now onto the details!

mlegerto

Hi Nicole,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Michelle. I've actually read your previous TR's when just googling to fill in when I'm having my Disney blue days, so it's quite funny that I've come across your pre trip report here! So excited because this means that soon you will have a new TR to write and to keep me entertained.

I am quite jealous that you will be in Disney World in LESS THAN A MONTH!!!! Our next trip won't be until December 2017 - January 2018, but it will be a trip over NYE so the worth will hopefully be well worth it!

I've lurked around this site quite a bit, but have posted very little - I spend a lot more of my posting time on the disboards, but thought I'd get involved here as well. So I've caught up on your trip plans and.....

After much debate, with myself, I finally settled on Riverside.
GREAT choice! Love this resort, it feels much more luxurious than a moderate resort and it's nice that you have access to take a boat across to Disney Springs. I think you and Joe will love it!

One day I will get a PB&J shake!
If you don't have the time to eat here, you can go to the walk up counter and get a PB&J shake to go! Great as a snack (mighty filling though), lunch substitute or something to take with you to Fantastic! Just saying

We have reservations for lunch at Be Our Guest for 12,
Lucky! We ate lunch at BOG on our last trip and loved it. We loved the french onion soup and the master cupcake...give them a try if you have a chance - but I see you already pre-ordered, so maybe next time!

We have dinner at California Grill scheduled for 7:40 PM, this was the closest I could get to the fireworks time of 10, so either we’ll eat extremely slow before going out on the balcony, or we’ll grab a few drinks while we wait for the finale of our vacation.
Our last trip to the world was on our honeymoon back in September 2015 and we had a night dinner out at California Grill. We really enjoyed our time there and the meal does move at a much slower pace. However, if your dinner ends and there is still too much time to awkwardly sit at your table to wait for wishes, they will let you leave and come back to view on the balcony as long as you ate there at some point that day. Could be a nice way to have your meal at an enjoyable pace, leave and get a drink at the bar area and then return for wishes, all depending on if you are seated right away and how long your meal takes and such.

I want this trip to be perfect! I’ve been with my boyfriend for over 9 years now, so maybe all my (Disney enagement hint hint) dreams will come true. Just kidding. But not really.

23796E1D-82C5-43F9-9C95-FECD93F3360F_zpsprpgfxby.jpg

SO cute! So as I said above, our last trip in September 2015 was for our honeymoon, but the trip before that was in November-December 2013 WHERE now DH proposed to me during wishes after 12 years of dating!! He had it all arranged so that we had a "designated" spot so a Photopass Photographer was there to view it and take photos and then surprised me by having our best friends jump out after it happened to celebrate with us. I HOPE you have a special moment like this too....this trip would be a perfect time ;)! I've read to mention how much you would love something special to happen in Disney World in some of your other trip reports so I am sending you all my pixie dust that something does happen! BUT if not, thats perfectly fine it...make sure to still enjoy yourself, I mean you are in your happy place after all!

Christmas T-shirt / Ugly sweater... Yay or Nay for the Christmas party? (obviously not these shorts)

Yes, yes ,yes a thousand times yes!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hi Nicole,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Michelle. I've actually read your previous TR's when just googling to fill in when I'm having my Disney blue days, so it's quite funny that I've come across your pre trip report here! So excited because this means that soon you will have a new TR to write and to keep me entertained.

I am quite jealous that you will be in Disney World in LESS THAN A MONTH!!!! Our next trip won't be until December 2017 - January 2018, but it will be a trip over NYE so the worth will hopefully be well worth it!

I've lurked around this site quite a bit, but have posted very little - I spend a lot more of my posting time on the disboards, but thought I'd get involved here as well. So I've caught up on your trip plans and.....

GREAT choice! Love this resort, it feels much more luxurious than a moderate resort and it's nice that you have access to take a boat across to Disney Springs. I think you and Joe will love it!

If you don't have the time to eat here, you can go to the walk up counter and get a PB&J shake to go! Great as a snack (mighty filling though), lunch substitute or something to take with you to Fantastic! Just saying

Lucky! We ate lunch at BOG on our last trip and loved it. We loved the french onion soup and the master cupcake...give them a try if you have a chance - but I see you already pre-ordered, so maybe next time!

Our last trip to the world was on our honeymoon back in September 2015 and we had a night dinner out at California Grill. We really enjoyed our time there and the meal does move at a much slower pace. However, if your dinner ends and there is still too much time to awkwardly sit at your table to wait for wishes, they will let you leave and come back to view on the balcony as long as you ate there at some point that day. Could be a nice way to have your meal at an enjoyable pace, leave and get a drink at the bar area and then return for wishes, all depending on if you are seated right away and how long your meal takes and such.

SO cute! So as I said above, our last trip in September 2015 was for our honeymoon, but the trip before that was in November-December 2013 WHERE now DH proposed to me during wishes after 12 years of dating!! He had it all arranged so that we had a "designated" spot so a Photopass Photographer was there to view it and take photos and then surprised me by having our best friends jump out after it happened to celebrate with us. I HOPE you have a special moment like this too....this trip would be a perfect time ;)! I've read to mention how much you would love something special to happen in Disney World in some of your other trip reports so I am sending you all my pixie dust that something does happen! BUT if not, thats perfectly fine it...make sure to still enjoy yourself, I mean you are in your happy place after all!

Yes, yes ,yes a thousand times yes!

Hi Michelle!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a such a detailed and sincere comment! I swear, these forums truly bring us Disney fanatics together! :) It's funny because I used to be a member of the DisBoards first, way back in 2006 I joined and was pretty active! My name is the same there too.. and I honestly feel like we may have connected before, or I may have lurked around on one of your reports.. what a small world! I totally forgot my login there until a few weeks ago, and realized it was under my college e-mail! I have been going back and forth between the
boards... will have to look you up!

I am so happy you stumbled upon my pre-trip report! I cannot believe I wrote this so many months ago, and now I am 13 days to my trip! As much as I want it to come, I don't want it to go! I'm sure you understand!

Your countdown will go by quickly, enjoy all your pre-trip feelings!! I would LOVE to spend New Years Eve in the world, maybe I can convince my boyfriend and we can join you.. LOL!!

I am super excited for Riverside- it seems romantic and fun and I have left it up to fate to see where we will end up! I debated back and forth with Coronado, and although one day I hope to stay at every resort, I think for this trip Riverside just fits the bill! :)

I am going to try to save room for a PB&J shake, I am planning to eat at Mama's and hopefully Pizzerizzo if it's open, so this will be a nice break from all the Italian food! Thank you for the tip!

I was planning at Cali Grill to stop at the bar if we finish our dinner before Wishes, so thank you again for your tips! I know I will be emotional wreck, because it will be our last night dinner, so maybe some alcohol will take the edge off! I am soooo excited to be eating here, especially with my boyfriend! It seems like the perfect way to end a hopefully perfect trip!

As much as my dream is to be proposed to at Disney, I am trying SUPER hard to not get my hopes up! (I think I am driving Joe insane LOL) Your engagement sounds perfect, and I can only dream that something that special can happen to me!! It comforts me to see you and your man dated for 12 years before the big question. I'm going on 9 and 1/2, and have been witnessing all my friends get engaged after dating for 2 and 3 years and I feel like I am turning into an old maid. LOL! Joe and my friend (who I went on my last two trips with) have been joking saying he's gonna do it at the turkey leg stand, so I know at least the conversation is happening. UGH! LOL...

Thanks again for the tips, and for commenting! I hope my trip report lives up to your expectations and can hold you over until your next trip!

From one Disney gal to the next :inlove::inlove::inlove:

mlegerto

I used to be a member of the DisBoards first, way back in 2006 I joined and was pretty active! My name is the same there too.. and I honestly feel like we may have connected before, or I may have lurked around on one of your reports.. what a small world! I totally forgot my login there until a few weeks ago, and realized it was under my college e-mail! I have been going back and forth between the
boards... will have to look you up!

HAHA...I thought I recgonized you, but didn't want to come across THAT creepy LOL. Any TR's I've ever done have been on the disboards, so if you do get back over there and decide to look me up you can find our Honeymoon report on there....maybe give you and Joe a few ideas ;) LOL

now I am 13 days to my trip!

13 days....gosh! It's coming up so quickly. This is always the most exciting part of the pre-trip, getting all your last minute goodies together, starting to pack and double check all of your lists, seeking those reservations or FP+'s that you didn't get before AND THE MOVIES you will watch to get yourself stoked for the upcoming trip. Ahh, enjoy it. I wish my next trip was only 13 days away - DO YOU REALIZE THAT IT'S LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LOL

I would LOVE to spend New Years Eve in the world, maybe I can convince my boyfriend and we can join you.. LOL!!

Do it. Just tell Joe it's the only thing you want for Christmas haha. Drinks around the world NYE style? See you there ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
HAHA...I thought I recgonized you, but didn't want to come across THAT creepy LOL. Any TR's I've ever done have been on the disboards, so if you do get back over there and decide to look me up you can find our Honeymoon report on there....maybe give you and Joe a few ideas ;) LOL

13 days....gosh! It's coming up so quickly. This is always the most exciting part of the pre-trip, getting all your last minute goodies together, starting to pack and double check all of your lists, seeking those reservations or FP+'s that you didn't get before AND THE MOVIES you will watch to get yourself stoked for the upcoming trip. Ahh, enjoy it. I wish my next trip was only 13 days away - DO YOU REALIZE THAT IT'S LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LOL

Do it. Just tell Joe it's the only thing you want for Christmas haha. Drinks around the world NYE style? See you there ;)
Taking a quick break from work and just saw your message! Today I am at 10 days.. I repeat, 10 DAYS!!!! :) :) I am honestly going insane with excitement! I'm already dreaming about Disney, waking up smiling, and putting things in my suitcase!

I will definitely head over to the DisBoards and read your report! I could use all the tips!

And drinking around the world on New Year's Eve sounds amazing!!! I will start working on joe the second we return lol.. he liked disney last trip, let's see if he can become obsessed this go around!

Well back to work before I lose all concentration :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You crack me up! I can tell you're just going crazy with anticipation, for when you can wear your new Christmas ears!! :joyfull:

Can't believe how close your trip is getting! I've been enjoying your pre-trip thread for months now. Very excited for you!! :)
Thank you so much for following along with me! Sometimes I just get so excited and I just have to tell someone! No one in my regular life gets it!!! Thank goodness for all you fine people!! AHHHHH! Lol!! I love all my Disney friends! We can all support each other!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Love them! That was my first purchase when were there last November! I also like the hidden Mickey shining in the sequins on the left! Disney magic!
I have literally been waiting since I booked this trip to buy these! I almost had a panic attack when I saw them released on the app! They are soooo beautiful in person! We both made awesome purchases lol :) and oh my goodness about that hidden MICKEY! Just noticed! How cool is that?!?

LisaBelle

I can't believe I got so far behind,but am all caught up now. So excited that your trip is so close! I am going to be stalking you, @Doc Disney & @ Longers because I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for your TRs. I am hoping @Longers is still planning a live TR so I can be on top of all the happenings!
I'm joining your family
Me, too!

Longers

I can't believe I got so far behind,but am all caught up now. So excited that your trip is so close! I am going to be stalking you, @Doc Disney & @ Longers because I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for your TRs. I am hoping @Longers is still planning a live TR so I can be on top of all the happenings!

Me, too!
Still considering whether to do it live this year - probably will - just not made that final decision.
Can't believe we are this close now and all meeting up - super excited :)

SSH

I have literally been waiting since I booked this trip to buy these! I almost had a panic attack when I saw them released on the app! They are soooo beautiful in person! We both made awesome purchases lol :) and oh my goodness about that hidden MICKEY! Just noticed! How cool is that?!?

My eyes may be deceiving me, but I believe I also see another hidden mickey on the right - look at the 3 little red dots - the holly, I think?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

Me, too!

Our meet up has to happen! And are you still playing the lottery? It won't be complete without you!!!!! I can't believe this is so soon.. I am a tad bit hyped up! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom