Pre-Trip Gonna end up fat and single...

Hey guys, :p

1701CD8C-DC7F-4149-A29F-32B22E2EDFB6_zpsamcm9ds3.jpg

I finally am getting around to writing a true pre-trip report. Usually, my Disney plans are set in stone oh, you know, 180 days out…. But planning this trip has been so different! I have changed my mind constantly about what day we’ll go to what park, what time we’ll eat at what restaurant, and even what restaurants to book an ADR for. Disney has not been cooperating either, as I have no idea when the Star Wars fireworks will be, or what time Animal Kingdom will stay open until, and if Rivers of Light will even be a nighttime show in the fall. I have been pulling out my hair, driving myself (as well as my boyfriend) completely and utterly crazy. He just doesn’t understand the struggle of planning THE ULTIMATE DISNEY TRIP. My boyfriend has literally given me NO input, so I’m on my own. Okay, maybe he did suggest T-Rex and returning to Teppan Edo and I shut him, but that’s beside the point. ;);)

5A4D8A01-3AFD-4E7F-AEE1-924D67D003CF_zpswdnhbibg.jpg

Myself and my BF, Joe

Now don’t get me wrong, I think of one the best parts of any Disney trip is the planning process! I sit at my computer with butterflies in my stomach looking at menus, and park hours, and firework show times. I probably have ten tabs open at all times of solely Disney websites. I wake up every morning and refresh my app to check on my reservations, just to make sure this is all real and not one big dream. I get myself all giddy and try to share my Disney planning accomplishments with people in my everyday life and they just don’t feel the same way!

Me: “Babe, I scored us a Be Our Guest reservation at 12 noon on our first day! TAKE A LOOK AT DEM APPLES.”
BF: “Nicole, what?! Are you talking Disney to me?”

So here I am, to share with you good people who understand my love and obsession with all things Disney and Disney planning. Without further ado, here are my pre-trip plans!
I’m too excited to sleep!!

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney from Friday, November 4th until Sunday, November 13th. That’s 10 days, 9 nights in my most favorite city in the world, the one, the only, Orlando!

F88589B0-FFD9-4CB5-B057-A4F83E654ADD_zpsvkdtvfdf.jpg

We have gone once before together, back in 2011, and we had an absolutely amazing time. I was not as knowledgeable back then, and we ended up just stumbling upon the Food and Wine Festival, and completely missing the Christmas Party. (Who knew these things existed? Who was I?)

168F4334-3DD0-4C54-9E33-C3DB38B40143_zpsxbpwlrt8.jpg

I moved last year to the Philadelphia area, so we will be flying out of Philadelphia at 6:10 PM, arriving in Orlando at 8:57 PM.

8902950F-7FEF-42FA-8CCB-8EB0BC305D60_zpsq6ebeilz.jpg

a0556c40-88d0-4e33-bb13-ab9a600f282b_zpsqupfnogi.png

Here’s hoping I can find my way around the Philadelphia airport, because as we all know, I am severely directionally challenged.
We plan to do 6 days at Disney, with the magic your way tickets with park hoppers and the water park add on, check out the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and spend 2 days at Universal (the dark side). Last Christmas, I read the Harry Potter series, for the first time, and I just could not put the books down. My boyfriend dragged me to his work Christmas party, after just finding out Dumbledore freaking dies, and I had everyone at his dinner table consoling me. We had a movie marathon, and I just think it’s time I checked out these other parks in my beloved city of Orlando.

AF851F05-B263-4735-97F6-4E701AEBB017_zps3xf9kq9i.jpg

09D7A238-2FE1-4DC5-B67D-8A983BB3233F_zpsgjkoakrl.jpg

48B87CBD-6876-4666-B9DF-E2D404288425_zpsox9i02f4.jpg

CA08DCE9-2E26-4497-A922-6F8738CD964F_zpsvtffxwk3.jpg

Since we fly in at night, and are trekking over to the dark side, this leaves us with an abundance of table service credits. Seems like such a great predicament to be in (right?!), but this has made planning my dining so tough! Where to eat, where to eat!? Now, a girl is not complaining, because after moving out of my parents’ house, I now know how hard it is to make dinner every night. (Mama, I miss your home cooking.) You must plan out what is needed at the grocery store, and you never realize the time and effort that goes into a meal that you devour in less than ten minutes flat. Is it strange that I am most looking forward to not cooking for ten days? I APPRECIATE YOU DINING PLAN.

I went back and forth between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside. I was even pricing out All Star Sports and Art of Animation. After much debate, with myself, I finally settled on Riverside. The resort looks super gorgeous with a touch of romance, and I still can’t decide if I want to be in Alligator Bayou or The Mansions. It’s all just too beautiful that I think I may leave that decision up to the Disney Gods.

18710CC7-7643-4E9D-BA1D-B672C8F133CE_zps8faz9f6x.jpg

41D854F9-B570-44B4-9391-AB3D3EF8848B_zpscleotckq.png

420939EB-9CC1-493D-BCF2-C8CEE2BF3EEB_zpsy5jokt7a.png

C418CE07-0A98-4917-9F90-1AD56C017605_zpsuvnxa5ei.png

So there’s the basics, the flight, the hotel, the tickets. Now onto the details!

Doc Disney

I have never made it to a Uni park close - I end up back in Disney! But I don't find Uni too busy in Nov so we do get everything done - think we need Megan's plans to tie everything up.

Sorry @Longers and @prfctlyximprct ! I have been working too much haha haven't looked at the blogs :) I missed the whole discussion so will tell you my plans and see if it fits in
I will be at POFQ from Monday the 7th until the 12th when we leave so at any point we can prob meet up there!
The 3rd and 4th we will be in Epcot
the 5th MK
the 6th running a race and prob MK in afternoon and Epcot in evening
7th Epcot
8th MK
9th HS
10th AK
11th MK
12th I am leaving BUT I can easily pop into MK in the AM

Longers

So -
5th Nicole and Megan in MK
6th me and Megan MK/EP
7th - me & Nicole Uni - I am hoping to get to Epcot PM - not sure how long Nicole will be in Uni - could be a possible meet Epcot?
8th me & Mega MK
9th me & Megan HS
10th we are all in diff parks
11th me & Nocole HS - although I will be late as its my Universal day
12th I have a tour till after 1pm - Nicole MK PM

Megan think we are using the same touring plan to decide parks - our paths cross quite a lot!

Or else this might be a POR meet one night!

LisaBelle

School started and I have been crazy busy. Just got caught up on your PTR.

I was able to move my ADRs to the 11th instead, so now my Uni days will just be closer together. Disney said they will give me VIP seating for fantasmic, can't believe they are accommodating me! I am so excited, 60 days is tomorrow! :)
This is so awesome! Super glad that Disney made this happen for you!
Can't wait to hear what you think about Frozen Ever After. It looks so cool.
I am counting on you & @Longers & @Doc Disney to meet up and take tons of photos. Still hoping my lottery dreams come true so I can meet all of you, too.

Longers

I am counting on you & @Longers & @Doc Disney to meet up and take tons of photos. Still hoping my lottery dreams come true so I can meet all of you, too.
Hi Lisa, it's so strange you replied as I woke up this morning thinking about you :)
I will keep my fingers crossed you can join us!
Our plans are all different so not sure how this will plan out - just going to go
Through my bits again this morning to see if I could get to the same park as them both without changing fast passes. Good job we are all planners!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sorry @Longers and @prfctlyximprct ! I have been working too much haha haven't looked at the blogs :) I missed the whole discussion so will tell you my plans and see if it fits in
I will be at POFQ from Monday the 7th until the 12th when we leave so at any point we can prob meet up there!
The 3rd and 4th we will be in Epcot
the 5th MK
the 6th running a race and prob MK in afternoon and Epcot in evening
7th Epcot
8th MK
9th HS
10th AK
11th MK
12th I am leaving BUT I can easily pop into MK in the AM

You and @Longers have so many overlapping days! You really must be using the same travel guides LOL... now here's the question, are you really gonna ask me to switch around some dining again to find you ladies?! LOL.. we must meet up! Thinking a good chance at our resort??

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

I am still hoping your lottery dreams come true as well!! I would love to stroll around the world showcase with you!!! The four of us would make the ultimate Disney girls trip!!! I am beyond grateful that Disney contacted me and made everything seem so magical with the RnR refurbishment announcement. We will be now sitting in the VIP fantasmic seating area, and the cast member told me this has a better view than the fantasmic dinner section! Sometimes these forums seem to tear Disney and Disney management down so much, and I really start falling into the belief system that Disney isn't what it used to be. This instance, my faith is restored, and I truly think Disney is still the same number one guest service corporation on this planet.

Longers

You and @Longers have so many overlapping days! You really must be using the same travel guides LOL... now here's the question, are you really gonna ask me to switch around some dining again to find you ladies?! LOL.. we must meet up! Thinking a good chance at our resort??
I would NEVER ask u to switch - lol
Are you staying till late on your universal night on 7th? Thinking we could meet at Epcot at 8.30pm ish. Megan is there and I will be too.
Alternatively at resort maybe on 8th pmdepending if either of you are doing fireworks anywhere?

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I would NEVER ask u to switch - lol
Are you staying till late on your universal night on 7th? Thinking we could meet at Epcot at 8.30pm ish. Megan is there and I will be too.
Alternatively at resort maybe on 8th pmdepending if either of you are doing fireworks anywhere?

I've never been to Uni so I have no idea! I know the park is only open until 7, but I don't have dinner plans and was thinking of checking out Citywalk... how long is a typical Uni day? I have no idea how to go into this.. I will be so lost!

Longers

I've never been to Uni so I have no idea! I know the park is only open until 7, but I don't have dinner plans and was thinking of checking out Citywalk... how long is a typical Uni day? I have no idea how to go into this.. I will be so lost!
Hard to say - I am pretty selective now so only do the bits I know I love. Typically we haven't had long queues transformers has been a walk on, Gringotts last year on on day was 20 mins but on the other day I went was 40 mins - so I guess we will be governed by crowds. Maybe we look at 8th meet up at hotel depending on evening firework plans to give you some time on city walk?

LisaBelle

Hi Lisa, it's so strange you replied as I woke up this morning thinking about you :)
I will keep my fingers crossed you can join us!
Our plans are all different so not sure how this will plan out - just going to go
Through my bits again this morning to see if I could get to the same park as them both without changing fast passes. Good job we are all planners!
Awww that was sweet that you were thinking of me :joyfull:.
The other morning I told my husband, "Just so you know, if we hit the lottery I am flying to Florida to meet my Disney friends!" I would love that sooo much! I know you gals will make it work.

I am still hoping your lottery dreams come true as well!! I would love to stroll around the world showcase with you!!! The four of us would make the ultimate Disney girls trip!!! I am beyond grateful that Disney contacted me and made everything seem so magical with the RnR refurbishment announcement. We will be now sitting in the VIP fantasmic seating area, and the cast member told me this has a better view than the fantasmic dinner section! Sometimes these forums seem to tear Disney and Disney management down so much, and I really start falling into the belief system that Disney isn't what it used to be. This instance, my faith is restored, and I truly think Disney is still the same number one guest service corporation on this planet.
Thanks for hoping my lottery dreams come true! It would definitely be the ultimate Disney girls trip! I know we would all have a great time together. I'm not giving up hope yet! Maybe some pixie dust will come my way. Your trip is getting so close :joyfull:. I know you ladies will work out a way to meet each other. So excited for you!

Figgy1

Premium Member
That depends on how much you want to do. Both parks can be done in 2 days but not if you take in all the details. In that regards it's like Disney some say AK is a 1/2 day park but I always spend over a day there. If you're the least bit into Potter plan on spending some time even with short lines. City walk is worth only a quick look see but some of the food is really good and 1/2 what Disney charges at some places. Drinks are the same or less and pack more of a punch in general. Sorry I couldn't be more help

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom