Golfing at Walt Disney World

mickeymouse090

Hey everyone,

I need some help on golfing at WDW...my brother would like to hit a few of the championship golf courses on our trip in January and I am looking for any advice on booking, discounts, favorite courses...etc. :shrug:

This is my brother's first trip back to the World in about 15 years & golfing is on his "to do list". He asked me if they have some kind of a golfing package, but since I don't know much about this part of Disney I didn't know. I know if you buy the premium package some golf perks are in there but we don't want to spend that much money for the rest of us. He would be the only one to benefit from that package. We will probably book through AAA and I know they currently offer a 15% discount on the courses when you book through them. We will be staying on Disney property and I think they offer cheaper rates if you do vs. someone off the property. He would also be golfing solo so should he still book in advance or can he just walk up? I welcome all the advice I can get since this is one thing I am in the dark about at Disney.

Thanks!! :wave:

DizneyPryncess

Here's the number to book tee times at any Disney course, 407-939-4653:

If you are staying at WDW, the fees are cheaper. Also, if you golf more than once that day, you get 50% off the second time (I believe this is true, it might have changed). I pulled this chart off of wdwinfo.com:

January 18, 2008– May 11, 2008
Osprey Ridge
Magnolia
Palm
Lake Buena Vista
Resort Guest
$159
$159
$139
$139
Day Visitor
$169
$169
$149
$149
Twilight Special
$89
$89
$79
$79

I wish I had done some of these courses w/my fiance so I could give you advice as to our favorite. We are planning to do some courses in the future. I've heard the Palm courts is very difficult with lots of water & sand traps.

Magnolia has the Hidden Mickey sand trap somewhere on it. It's the course I would most like to golf. I don't know much about the others, but you can find out all kinds of information about Disney golf here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/golf_main.htm

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

DH and son-in-law went golfing at LBV two weeks ago. I booked it 6 weeks ahead for a 9::06 a.m. tee time. The cast member said to call one week before the date to get the passholder discount (there is also a DVC discount). Golf cart was included. It came out to around $75 pp. We stayed at SSR so bell services can pick you up at your room if you don't want to lug your clubs. The starter is over by the Turf Club. If you golf anywhere else tell the concerige you have a tee time and they make arrangements to have you transported to the course.They were set up with two other guys to make the foursome and had a great time.

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

If you are staying for a while and planning to play a few times get the DVC discount you have to pay $50 for it but you get green fees at about half price. I did this three years ago and played about five times. There is also a discounted rate after 10 and after 2. You have to book and they will put you together with someone.

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
We will be staying 9 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I think my brother would like to golf 2 or 3 times while we are there. I have been told that January is a busy time for golf so I would be afraid to wait too long to book times. Probably when we reach that point before the trip when we can book in advance we should. Since he would be going solo I don't know if walking up is an option for him or if he should just plan ahead for guaranteed availability & discounts.

Thanks for all of the help! :wave:

Upvote 0

a2grafix

If you are military or retired military, you can golf at the Magnolia or the Palm courses, which are at the Shades of Green resort. Although I did not golf last time I was there (the courses were shut down due to the PGA event a week and a half later), I did ask about any military discounts.

They said if they have space, you can golf for $50, and that includes green fees and a cart.

I look forward to golfing either the Palm or Magnolia next time I'm down there, but it will be weeks before the PGA event.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If you are military or retired military, you can golf at the Magnolia or the Palm courses, which are at the Shades of Green resort. Although I did not golf last time I was there (the courses were shut down due to the PGA event a week and a half later), I did ask about any military discounts.

Just a note, anyone can golf at the courses located at Shades of Green. You don't have to be staying there or be military/DoD to golf ont hose courses.

Also the last time I checked, if you'll be playing mutliple days, you can store your clubs at the course so that you don't have to lug them back to your room each day. And if you'll be golfing from a different set of courses (i.e. you golf at LBV one day and then the Palm the next), you can request that your clubs be transported for you, just like your luggage when you're switching Disney resorts.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom