Golf Tournament effect on attendance

mrerk

Premium Member
Just something I was wondering as I was watching the sports ticker on ESPN.

What effect (if any) does this weekends annual golf tournament have on park attendance? My wife has always wanted to go for her birthday and we wanted to know if we should try to avoid the tournament. Or maybe some of the locals that would normally be in the parks are instead at the tournament.:shrug:

Kaity'sDad

We flew in Tuesday and flew home Sunday morning. We were in the parks everyday but Sunday. There was very little impact from the golf tournament. We were able to walk on every ride in less than 20 min. ToT was walk up each time. Only RnRC and Soarin' required FP for quick access. The only really noticable things I saw that were different was the parking notices at Epcot (tournament parking was there), and all of the Escalades the golfers were driving at Saratoga Springs. I pointed out a couple of golfers to my wife and daughters to a collective yawn.

Upvote 0

coasterphil

We flew in Tuesday and flew home Sunday morning. We were in the parks everyday but Sunday. There was very little impact from the golf tournament. We were able to walk on every ride in less than 20 min. ToT was walk up each time. Only RnRC and Soarin' required FP for quick access. The only really noticable things I saw that were different was the parking notices at Epcot (tournament parking was there), and all of the Escalades the golfers were driving at Saratoga Springs. I pointed out a couple of golfers to my wife and daughters to a collective yawn.

I saw Chris DiMarco two days this weekend at MGM, and I got a similar response when I told my parents back home about it. I even helped him into the park one of those days and they still didn't think it was interesting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom