Golden time of year to visit..

justgoofy56

Hey guys,

Just doing some research here and I would love some help! Ok. I was wondering when the best time of year to visit Disney World is? Not neccearily concerning prices, waits, or weather just...all around. What time of year has the best atmosphere, the most excitement in the air, and the decent weather...

Much appreciated!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To me the best time of year are the first 2 weeks of December. Crowds are lighter (relatively speaking) and all the Christmas activities are in full swing and all the decorations are up.

Upvote 0

tylergirl1970

I have to agree with Yoda :) First 2 weeks in Dec has always been my favorite time of year to go. Crowds are light, Christmas is in the air, and the weather is mild. It's become so that it's not Christmas to me without a trip to Disney. :xmas:

Upvote 0

tdonald

Yes, Early is a great time, but lately they haven't been so uncrowded, with everyone online talking about how it's the best time to go...hhmmm. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

JLW11Hi

I've always liked going in that period between After New Years and before Spring Break. January - March. Mainly because the crowds are very light. The park hours are shorter, but since the lines to do everything are so short, you can get everything done in a day at a park and still have time to spare!

And going in February or March would be a bit more warmer, as well.

Upvote 0

believe

I agree that Thanksgiving into Christmas is nice because of the decorations and excitement of the holidays. Late September is good as well because of the fall weather with warm days and cool nights and no humdity of the summer and lines are decent.

Upvote 0

WhatJaneSays

The first two weeks of December are when we take our "Christmas" trip to Disney. The before spring break near the end of February used to be very quiet but the last two years it's been busier. Also the second and third weeks of January are normally quite.

Upvote 0

dragonsinoz

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I Love reading your posts! Very interesting!! I thought I would throw my 2 cents in on this one. My wife and I went to WDW the second week of Dec 2007, it was her first trip but I have been there several times before. I Loved it!! She Loved it too but it was her first trip to Disney World so I think she would have Loved it anytime!! Anyway, when making plans to go back to the world, that is the first time of year that I consider. Cooler temps, lighter crowds, cheaper prices and with all the Christmas festivities going it's just amazing!!

Upvote 0

saratogatrip09

we've been, the week after thanksgving,two weeks after thanksgving, week after new years, presidents week, the third week in january and the week before president's day and here's how they rank in crowds(busiest to least busiest)

1) President's week
2) week after thanksgving
3) two weeks after thanksgving
4) third week in january
5) week after new years
6) week before president's day

the week before president's day was DEAD, even on that friday the parks were still pretty empty

Upvote 0

elisatonks

For atmosphere i would definetly recommend the 1st 2 weeks of December, you get all the holiday spirt without the crowds and the weather is still good and not unbearably hot!!! (though you may need a light jacket in the evenings!)

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

Early December - watch for Pop Warner and MouseFest visits and book early - and early to mid-May. December weather is usually great and the parks are decorated beautifully for the holidays. May is great because the spring break crowds are home and schools have not yet let out and the weather is great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom