Golden Horsehoe Revue Show

CaptinEO

Original Poster
I came across this video of the Golden Horsehoue Revue. What a hillarious show. This is from a 2013 show. You have can can dancers and then a sultry girl that goes into the audience and embrasses all the men. She does things like sitting on a guy‘s lap and saying “This isn’t fantasyland”! This was only 10 years ago. Hard to believe. Has society changed that much or is this just a budget cut?

Why doesn’t this show play regularly? Everyone is laughing so much during this performance. Last few times I’ve been in the theater it’s a really bad play with minor audience involvement or a piano show. The old show is a riot and I think the more risque humor is hillarious, it appeals to a more adult crowd without going overboard. Disney’s entertainment these days isn’t nearly as lavish beyond their nighttime spectaculars.

SuddenStorm

It's a budget cut, plain and simple. And you are right, the show was hilarious! 🤣

Although, I can't imagine the dour and humorless folks in Burbank and Anaheim's HR and DEI departments in the 2020's would allow this fun now. So perhaps it's best it was cut from the budget a decade ago. :(

When something is altered to not offend anyone- but it then loses what made it fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phroobar

I came across this video of the Golden Horsehoue Revue. What a hillarious show. This is from a 2013 show. You have can can dancers and then a sultry girl that goes into the audience and embrasses all the men. She does things like sitting on a guy‘s lap and saying “This isn’t fantasyland”! This was only 10 years ago. Hard to believe. Has society changed that much or is this just a budget cut?
Disney has changed but society hasn't. You can see that show every summer at Knotts.

TrainsOfDisney

I really enjoy the piano players they currently have - they are great and a perfect thematic fit.

I did enjoy the old saloon show as well but obviously it costs more to have a piano player, saloon girls, and singer.

Phroobar

I really enjoy the piano players they currently have - they are great and a perfect thematic fit.

I did enjoy the old saloon show as well but obviously it costs more to have a piano player, saloon girls, and singer.
The world's largest multimedia entertainment company can't afford a piano player, saloon girls and singer for their flagship theme park.

Maybe Elon Musk should by the company.

TrainsOfDisney

The world's largest multimedia entertainment company can't afford a piano player, saloon girls and singer for their flagship theme park.

Maybe Elon Musk should by the company.
I mean they can’t even afford the piano player at WDW! Haha.

I’ve seen the full show, the smaller comedy show with the citizens of Frontierland, and the current piano show and I personally like them all.

For what it is, the piano player seems adequate although it would be really fun if they had the full saloon show in the evening.

Centauri Space Station

I mean they can’t even afford the piano player at WDW! Haha.

I’ve seen the full show, the smaller comedy show with the citizens of Frontierland, and the current piano show and I personally like them all.

For what it is, the piano player seems adequate although it would be really fun if they had the full saloon show in the evening.
Casey’s has the piano player

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom