Golden Age of the Magic Kingdom?

LivefortheMouse

I have been going to disney since i was one year old going 3 to 5 times a year since the age of seven when we got the florida seasonal salute ( thats what the seasonal pas was called back then). I think though disney has changed and i loved all the old clasics specially COP when the song was "Now is the time" But no matter how disney has changed i still feel that say magic i felt when i first was there and i have never stoped feeling that magic just got back August 2004 and returning Dec 19th cant wait to be there :sohappy: :xmas:

speck76

jmaxwell007 said:
thanks, next time im down ill have to go by and play my favorite baseball one.

The baseball game is at Casey's I believe, the soccer game, along with the crank movies, are at the Train Station.

TheOneVader

DisneyFan 2000 said:
Mission Space - True, but not up to Disney standards imo.

Could you clarify on why you think it's not up to Disney standards? I think the Imagineers did an amazing job, even on their budget. I think it's a great addition to Epcot.

General Grizz

Bad/small queue. . .

Visible speakers and vents, etc make it cheap in the SHOW aspect. . .

Poor for families. . . could have created an EXPERIENCE for them. . .

Great for thrill-seekers, but not for the hundreds who sit outside all day, waiting for family members to ride it.

Indy95

TheOneVader said:
Could you clarify on why you think it's not up to Disney standards? I think the Imagineers did an amazing job, even on their budget. I think it's a great addition to Epcot.
M:S is truly groundbreaking, to be sure, and it is undoubtably one of my top two rides at WDW (and ToT). But it could have been a lot better, especially with what the original version of M:S was going to be.

The queue was okay, I wasn't really bothered that much, just that it could have been a little more themed.

One BIG gripe that I have was that the legal department DEMANDED that the pre-show video include a warning of WHAT THE RIDE ACTUALLY DOES! (ie just spin in circles) What the hell is this? For crying out loud people, you don't TELL the guests waiting in line for Star Tours that "Oh, don't worry, it's only a simulator that shakes back and forth." I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PARK MANAGEMENT ACTUALLY LET THEM DO THIS!! This is the reason, I believe, that so many people feel queesy during the ride. ALL THEY THINK ABOUT IS THE SPINNING! If that video did NOT include this warning, there would not be nearly as many sick people after the ride is over.

In terms of the ride itself, the action is amazingly realistic. But it's more for the thrillseeking crowd, which could have been avoided if the guests ACTUALLY CONTROLLED THE ENDING! I'm sure a lot more people would ride M:S if they could keep their mind occupied on their controls!

And the post-show area just made me cry. Besides the Mission: SpaceRace Game (which I just LOVE), I just couldn't believe that the amazing original "asteroid base" idea was whittled down to almost nothing. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.

Over and out.

DisneyFan 2000

General Grizz said:
Bad/small queue. . .

Visible speakers and vents, etc make it cheap in the SHOW aspect. . .

Poor for families. . . could have created an EXPERIENCE for them. . .

Great for thrill-seekers, but not for the hundreds who sit outside all day, waiting for family members to ride it.

Sums up my thoughts best. I never said it wasn't a great addition, but it still needs some work (the queue bothering me the most).

:wave:

TheOneVader

Indy95 said:
M:S is truly groundbreaking, to be sure, and it is undoubtably one of my top two rides at WDW (and ToT). But it could have been a lot better, especially with what the original version of M:S was going to be.

The queue was okay, I wasn't really bothered that much, just that it could have been a little more themed.

One BIG gripe that I have was that the legal department DEMANDED that the pre-show video include a warning of WHAT THE RIDE ACTUALLY DOES! (ie just spin in circles) What the hell is this? For crying out loud people, you don't TELL the guests waiting in line for Star Tours that "Oh, don't worry, it's only a simulator that shakes back and forth." I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PARK MANAGEMENT ACTUALLY LET THEM DO THIS!! This is the reason, I believe, that so many people feel queesy during the ride. ALL THEY THINK ABOUT IS THE SPINNING! If that video did NOT include this warning, there would not be nearly as many sick people after the ride is over.

In terms of the ride itself, the action is amazingly realistic. But it's more for the thrillseeking crowd, which could have been avoided if the guests ACTUALLY CONTROLLED THE ENDING! I'm sure a lot more people would ride M:S if they could keep their mind occupied on their controls!

And the post-show area just made me cry. Besides the Mission: SpaceRace Game (which I just LOVE), I just couldn't believe that the amazing original "asteroid base" idea was whittled down to almost nothing. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all.

Over and out.

I suppose you've got some good points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom