Going up to imageworks?

KDM31091

Original Poster
I am wondering if anyone has had any success recently being allowed up to the old Image Works. I know some say the Future World tour takes you up there, but most of the accounts seem to be a few years old. Has anyone tried just politely asking a CM, even if not on the tour?

I know it's unlikely, as I doubt they want to show off a decade plus of neglect, but I'd love to just take some pictures (also unlikely; I'm sure even if allowed they'd probably say no pictures).

I think it's ridiculous that Disney claims they cannot afford "insurance" to have the second floor operational. They have the most visited parks in the world. Surely, they can afford insurance on a two story building and can afford to put in proper elevators/access updated to today's standards if that is what it takes. I just think it's such a shame to have such a nice pyramid that is 100% going to waste because no one can go up and enjoy the views. Are they ever going to do SOMETHING up there? I'm not living in a fantasy, I know the old Image Works isn't coming back. But come on. They need to do something with the area.

Jahona

This is the downstairs area after you disembark from the Journey Into Your Imagination ride. The OP is talking about the play/learning experience that used to be on the second level and is long closed.

Oh I never noticed the down stairs section of ImageWorks.... Well sorry for getting someones hopes up.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I just noticed on the MDE app that ImageWorks is listed as an open attraction. I'll be going to EPCOT in a few hours and will check to see if that's true.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/imageworks/
A couple years ago I was visiting the website and on the ImageWorks page, I noticed that it listed the long closed Dreamfinder's School of Drama as a current attraction there. I never saw it on the page again, but I still find it very strange that it was there at all.

HolleBolleGijs

I am wondering if anyone has had any success recently being allowed up to the old Image Works. I know some say the Future World tour takes you up there, but most of the accounts seem to be a few years old. Has anyone tried just politely asking a CM, even if not on the tour?

I know it's unlikely, as I doubt they want to show off a decade plus of neglect, but I'd love to just take some pictures (also unlikely; I'm sure even if allowed they'd probably say no pictures).

I think it's ridiculous that Disney claims they cannot afford "insurance" to have the second floor operational. They have the most visited parks in the world. Surely, they can afford insurance on a two story building and can afford to put in proper elevators/access updated to today's standards if that is what it takes. I just think it's such a shame to have such a nice pyramid that is 100% going to waste because no one can go up and enjoy the views. Are they ever going to do SOMETHING up there? I'm not living in a fantasy, I know the old Image Works isn't coming back. But come on. They need to do something with the area.

I'm pretty sure each Future World tour is slightly different. I took that tour two years ago (almost to the day) and we did not see the second floor of Imagination. We did see a lot of other cool stuff, but not that. I think it depends on the guide. And even if you did get to go upstairs, you would probably just get to see the open space under the pyramid. I doubt they're likely to show off an abandoned attraction. "Hey look at all of the cool stuff that we just left here to rot!!"

Don't count on them just letting you see it, either.

There is this video, but obviously sneaking around isn't the best idea (look up AdamtheWoo's fate):

KDM31091

Original Poster
I was betting that even if I was allowed, they'd only show me the open atrium type area, not the actual boarded up attractions :(

That video is creepy as hell. It's amazing how they bothered to dismantle some elements, but some are eerily intact

HolleBolleGijs

Yeah, well toward the end he wasn't careful and posted on social media saying he was visiting the parks that day and Disney Security was waiting for him. So he shot himself in the foot at the end.

Oh I know, but that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't explored backstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom