Going to WDW Pregnant

HunnyPot

Hello all! I haven't been around this site too much lately, but I'm back! Anyway, we just found out we can have 2 days at the parks in May..we won't be staying on property, but seeing as I haven't seen the World in 1 1/2 years, I'll take what I can get for now! Anyway, I'm going to be about 15 weeks pregnant while we're there. Anyone gone pregnant before? Or gone with someone who was? I'd love to hear some advice. I know I'll have a wonderful time no matter what...I mean, I'm going to be at Disney, what is more fun than that?? But, I'd love to hear some experiences some of you had. Thanks so much!

ErickainPA

Lots of threads on this topic.

I went to WDW pregnant 2 times. I am not a huge ride person actually, but just be sure to check the signs outside any ride to see if its recommended that expectant moms not ride. Safari says this but I still went on it. went on it 8 weeks pregnant and just 2 weeks ago at 7 weeks pregnant (with what we just found out is a pregnancy with twins)

HAVE FUN AND CONGRATS

Upvote 0

AndyJo0930

I went to Disneyland pregnant with my first child. I was about 10 weeks pregnant. My doctor knew I was going and actually told me that I could ride most things without worry (not space mountain, but haunted mansion, pirates of the carribean, etc.) My sister checked every sign and if it said pregnant woman couldn't ride she wouldn't let me go. I still had a great time!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I went to WDW pregnant 2 times. I am not a huge ride person actually, but just be sure to check the signs outside any ride to see if its recommended that expectant moms not ride. Safari says this but I still went on it. went on it 8 weeks pregnant and just 2 weeks ago at 7 weeks pregnant (with what we just found out is a pregnancy with twins)

HAVE FUN AND CONGRATS
Erika,twins?!!!!

That's so exciting!
Congratulations!!!!

Upvote 0

morgan22

I went to DLP at 10weeks pregnant and WDW at 22weeks - both times I had a fantastic time - just took it easy, frequent rest stops and lots to drink... I actually found it easier at 22weeks as I had much more energy and no sickness.

Just use your head and stay away from those you know you shouldn't ride.... the only thing I did that in hindsight probably wasn't a good idea (due to coming off feeling particularly sick) was the tea cups - but then non-pregnant people feel that way too!!!!

Ericka .... congrats on the twins xx

Upvote 0

SallyShine

I went 7 months pregnant and had a great time! There are so many rides you can still go on, you won't even think about it. Just be sure to drink lots of water and find time to put your feet up. Have fun!

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Thanks everyone, it is a shock still.

Definately drink lots of water and rest, don't be afraid to go back to the room for a nap mid-day. Even though you are in the 2nd trimester at that point, you will get tired from walking and it's pretty warm in May.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thanks everyone, it is a shock still.

Definately drink lots of water and rest, don't be afraid to go back to the room for a nap mid-day. Even though you are in the 2nd trimester at that point, you will get tired from walking and it's pretty warm in May.
3 children under 15 months old? God bless you!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Hello all! I haven't been around this site too much lately, but I'm back! Anyway, we just found out we can have 2 days at the parks in May..we won't be staying on property, but seeing as I haven't seen the World in 1 1/2 years, I'll take what I can get for now! Anyway, I'm going to be about 15 weeks pregnant while we're there. Anyone gone pregnant before? Or gone with someone who was? I'd love to hear some advice. I know I'll have a wonderful time no matter what...I mean, I'm going to be at Disney, what is more fun than that?? But, I'd love to hear some experiences some of you had. Thanks so much!

I went at 15 weeks pregnant and rode just about everything, except for the REALLY jerky rides (like Space Mt). Mostly I avoided these because of my really really bad morning sickness. Other than that, it was no different from going not pregnant.

Upvote 0

Momx3

I went when my son was 2 and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with twins. I took it easy and rode the slow rides. I would sit in the shade while my son napped and my husband rode the thrill rides. I took every advantage of napping, even doing so on the bus rides to and from the parks. It is still a fun place to be and like everyone else said lots of water!!

Upvote 0

manda_01

Congrats!!

We went when I was 9 weeks along. I didn't feel that great, but hey, I was at Disney so I barely even noticed it! The only thing is I did blow up like a balloon while I was there (all the sodium was really bad for me -10lbs in one week!) So like everyone said drink a ton of water.

The good news is that you won't be feeing the 'Disney Withdrawl' when you leave, you'll have something wonderful to look forward to!

Have a great time and Congrats again!

Upvote 0

Momx3

We're going back in June, my twins are now 8 and they love to say it is their 3rd time going, once on the inside and now twice on the outside (as we went when they were 4). :lol:

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

HAVE FUN AND CONGRATS
:eek:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
How awesome!

Congratulations sweetie!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom