Going to WDW in March...which resort?

DDPGambit

I've got an odd situation here, but a cool one nonetheless.
My family is going to Disney in March (the second week, when all the lil kids are out of school) and my parents invited my friend Stephanie to go with us.
So, me and her will drive to Florida with my family, but once we get there, we will be at our own hotel. We will be on our own at that point!!! (until the day we have to go home, of course) We don't have too much money to throw around, but we can easily afford a moderate resort. (We are splittling the room costs 50/50).
My question is which resort should we go to? I've been to just about every one, so it does not matter to me. This is her first trip (hopefully of many!) to Disney so I want it to be extra special.
I also wouldn't mind chipping in a bit more money to be at a deluxe resort (also assuming we get a good discount on one!).

Yellow Shoes

POR seems to be one of the most favored resorts here at WDWMAGIC.

I like CBR, and it should be extra-special after being closed for re-hab this fall.

Good luck with discounts. That is peak season, and they are likely to be few and far between.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I usually get all of the discount codes for the hotels, and would be happy to help you book one. I work with a travel agency and would be more than happy to help you find a good discount on a deluxe. Right now the discounts (non-disney club) end at the end of Dec. They can save you up to 40% off on your room. I would suggest that you book your room , and when the discounts come out, you can always change it to reflect the discount.

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

We have also stayed at almost every resort on property, and I would advise you to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, or the POR. The prices for the WL are the cheapest of the deluxe, and if discount codes are available you can reserve a room for the same price as a moderate. I think that this is the most magical resort in all of Disney. I am a home based travel agent, and I have a feeling that Disney mat release new discount codes after the first of the new year. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Also going to WDW in March 2003, first week, we will just miss you! This time we are staying at VWL our first time as DVC members. However we have been to WDW in March 6 or times before. (sometimes the 2nd or 3 week in March, depends on when my hubby's school gets spring break.) Anyway we have stayed at all mod resorts and POR is the best (AKA Dixie Landings).
But they all are nice. CS is our second favorite, but your stay can be colored by the feel of the current conference at the resort at any given time and tends to not feel as vaction like (one bonus is it seems to have less famlies with children and buses are never crowded.)

Have a great trip and hope the weather is great for both of us.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom