Going to Uni this Thurs & Fri, do I need Express Pass?

Maerj

Original Poster
Hi, we'll be staying at the Saphire Falls resort and have 2 day park to park tickets. Do you guys think that I'll need the Express Pass as well? We haven't been to Universal for like 12 years.

Tom Morrow

I'm going to guess that you probably won't need it on Thursday, but you possibly will on Friday because it's the last GradVenture night, and Universal does this weird and stupid thing of letting the GradVenture kids (middle school kids) mix in with the day guests and they run around yelling and being obnoxious everywhere. As the day goes on, more and more of them file in. I once went with a friend from out of town on a GradVenture day and will never do it again, so now I check the dates for it each year.

So what I'm saying is, live it up on Thursday because Friday might be kind of annoying lol.

Last edited:

Maerj

Original Poster
I'm going to guess that you probably won't need it on Thursday, but you possibly will on Friday because it's the last GradVenture night, and Universal does this weird and stupid thing of letting the GradVenture kids (middle school kids) mix in with the day guests and they run around yelling and being obnoxious everywhere. As the day goes on, more and more of them file in. I once went with a friend from out of town on a GradVenture day and will never do it again, so now I check the dates for it each year.

So what I'm saying is, live it up on Thursday because Friday might be kind of annoying lol.
Oh no! :( I've been planning this trip for a year now, mainly to relax. My nerves are shot. This isn't something that I wanted to hear.

Maerj

Original Poster
Oh no! :( I've been planning this trip for a year now, mainly to relax. My nerves are shot. This isn't something that I wanted to hear.
I didn't know about this, I hate when the parks do this stuff. I just looked it up and it doesn't start until 7 PM. Guess we'll be getting up early. :/

Tom Morrow

I didn't know about this, I hate when the parks do this stuff. I just looked it up and it doesn't start until 7 PM. Guess we'll be getting up early. :/
It doesn't start until 7:00 but they start mixing in about halfway through the day. Thursday should be great, Friday morning will be fine. Just adjust your expectations for the 2nd half of Friday and be prepared to have some extra patience. It's not going to ruin your trip or anything. I think you're better off knowing this ahead of time rather than not and then being blindsided by masses of middle schoolers suddenly appearing.

JoeCamel

It doesn't start until 7:00 but they start mixing in about halfway through the day. Thursday should be great, Friday morning will be fine. Just adjust your expectations for the 2nd half of Friday and be prepared to have some extra patience. It's not going to ruin your trip or anything. I think you're better off knowing this ahead of time rather than not and then being blindsided by masses of middle schoolers suddenly appearing.
I was there last Friday, the gangs of kids started mid afternoon as the busses rolled in and by closing time they had a solid presence. It was not too uncomfortable but it would be if I attended that event. Too much money to pass up so I am sure it will continue.

Maerj

Original Poster
Well, thank you VERY much for the heads up. It is nice to be warned ahead of time. We'll get there early and if it gets too crazy, we'll head out. It's been a rough time and I've been trying to make sure everything goes well. Thanks again! 😁

Tom Morrow

I know I tend to be critical of UOR on here, but I think anyone who was having a nice day in the park only for a sea of rowdy middle schoolers to swarm in halfway through would agree that it’s kind of crappy that Uni does this and there should at least be some sort of warning.

Maerj

Original Poster
I agree with that 100 percent! If it gets too bad, we can head over to Ripley's, my kid is a huge fan and we already have tickets for it. Either that or we can hit the pool.

Paper straw fan

I’d say with a full, relatively calm Thursday and probably still a steady but not overwhelming morning/early afternoon, you can get in all you want by then, and once the horde of kids comes, you can probably still enjoy a final ride or 2 and start making your way out around 3-4. Gives you time to see other things nearby as you were speaking of. Shouldn’t be too bad.

Maerj

Original Poster
I’d say with a full, relatively calm Thursday and probably still a steady but not overwhelming morning/early afternoon, you can get in all you want by then, and once the horde of kids comes, you can probably still enjoy a final ride or 2 and start making your way out around 3-4. Gives you time to see other things nearby as you were speaking of. Shouldn’t be too bad.
That's good. I'm just worrying too much and trying to get everything right. I'm feeling better about it now, in fact I'm on my way! 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom