Going to DisneyWorld In July Help

Dollysmama

I am from Seattle, Never been to the east coast or florida for that matter. What should I expect in July? Any Helpful tips on what to pack? We will be there for a Week. Shorts everyday? Does it get colder at night??? Thanks:shrug:

Lightyear

We always go the first two weeks in July. (This year too) I love it! Parks are open late, take the advantage of using later park hours. Sometimes we sleep until 10 swim, grab lunch, shop, relax and hit the parks later in the day. On the other days, we get to park opening fastpass all the big rides and leave around 1:00, go back to hotel swim nap and hit the parks again in the evening. You will have a great time. Use fastpass a lot, as soon as another comes available grab it. Dont forget to bring sunscreen to the parks to reapply. I take the face rub in kind to reapply to the shoulders and face. Remember, don't drink sodas you will be buying lots and lots of water to keep you hydrated.

See you there!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Bring or buy rain ponchos and take advantage of the rain, which can occur every day in July for an hour or so a day. When the crowds are leaving, stay and take advantage of short wait times!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Repeating what others have said, it will be quite hot, extremely humid, and quite crowded. That being said, it's still very doable. Go to the parks early, especially on EMH mornings, drink plenty of water, take advantage of FastPass, and take a swim/nap break in the afternoon. Wear comfortable shoes. If you're not used to flip-flops, that is not the time to try them out! A lot of people swear by crocs, but they're just not for me.
Above all, relax and enjoy! :)

Upvote 0

pixiedust2007

I would also recommend following (at least loosely) the touring plans in the Unofficial Guide. We have found this to be imperative during more crowded times. I think the most important thing is to be at the park when it opens. This should give you at least an hour of touring with pretty light crowds. Then you can take a break for a swim during the really hot and crowded afternoon, and come back in the late afternoon/evening.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Bring plenty of sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. As others have mentioned, drink lots of water. You'll want to carry a small bag of some kind to carry some water bottles in. The lines can be long, so you'll want to be able to drink while waiting.

Pace yourselves and if the heat in the afternoon is unbareable to you, go back to your room for a rest or a swim. Go back for an early dinner (as someone stated above) and take advantage of the later park hours.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dollysmama

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone

For your help, We will be there in Mid July 14-21st. I am definately white and will need a lot of sunscreen. :wave: thanks again. I am so excited to go to Disneyworld. Ive been to Disneyland At least 10 times.

Upvote 0

isitingood

I am from Seattle, Never been to the east coast or florida for that matter. What should I expect in July? Any Helpful tips on what to pack? We will be there for a Week. Shorts everyday? Does it get colder at night??? Thanks:shrug:

I am from Mercer Island, Wa and not only will it be hot and humid but crowded as well. Drink lots of water and stay away from soda because it only dehydrates you. Have a wonderful time:wave:

Upvote 0

coltow

I was there last July 12-20. We packed plenty of sunblock and applied it every few hours. Do not sleep in, get up early and go to the parks around noon you'll need a break, go back to the resort for a swim/nap and then head back to the parks at dinner time. The parks will be open very late so you won't feel like your wasting any time.

You will see a thunderstorm every afternoon, buy ponchos at home they are much less expensive.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Don't let anyone scare you off. It will be hot, but nothing you can't manage. Most queues are in A/C and those that aren't are shaded. Once the sun goes down, it's really quite nice. Plus, it get's dark earlier there than in WA. There's nothing better than being at MK at night with all the lights twinkling! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom