Going to Disney to cheer up my sister!

dreamcinderella

We absolutely love WDW but this trip is a special one. It'll only be my sister (31) and me (25). My sister will have finished her Masters but is also going through a tough divorce. So I need some help with extra creative ideas.

Anyone know what companies will decorate the resort room for you? We're staying at Wilderness Lodge. Which is the best mid-priced restaurant? We love Sci-Fi but are looking for a little nicer. We can fork up more money but were hoping not to. But what about The Brown Derby? Since we're going during the hottest & rainy time we want to spend the am & night in the parks but spend, say 12-3, doing random things. Suggestions other than tours? Like things people don't really think about.

Anyone with room for two on a Wishes firework cruise (pref w/o kids)? We loved it last time but can't afford $250 for the two of us. Obviously, we'll pay our part of the trip though.

Geez, I know a ton about WDW but still had all of this to say!

Thanks for any suggestions! :sohappy:

disneygirl1

Well, all I can say is that I hope you two have a wonderful time! Your sister sure deserves to feel like a princess while she is there.

As far as restaurants go, what about Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club Resort, or 50's Prime Time Cafe, that's always fun?

I know you said you don't really want to fork out alot of extra cash, but what about going to a spa one day and just relaxing? You could also resort hop and take in the sites of all the different Disney Hotels. I enjoy going to the Boadwalk and strolling around.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

I think one of the best "mid priced" resturants is right in your hotel, Whispering Canyon Cafe,if there is one place where you can take yuor mind off things, it's here. Good food, great service, nice pricesand you'll bave a GREAT time.:sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

JuliaGulia

Consider heading to Port Orleans one afternoon and renting kayaks... it is pretty inexpensive and it isn't so hot out on the water.

The new Wolfgang Puck restaurant at DTD Marketplace is really good. The presentation was amazing. It is a counter service restaurant but much nicer than you would expect. I highly recommend you try it.

Many of the hotels have restaurants that are quite nice that many people forget about (The Grand Floridian Cafe @ GF and the Concourse Steak House at the Contemporary) These two aren't very expensive but you would get the chance to eat in two nice hotels.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Anyone know what companies will decorate the resort room for you? We're staying at Wilderness Lodge.

www.peggyssweetsandmore.com can do room decorations for nearly every occassion... including graduation. She also creates gift baskets!

Which is the best mid-priced restaurant? We love Sci-Fi but are looking for a little nicer. We can fork up more money but were hoping not to. But what about The Brown Derby?

Some of our favorites: Teppan Edo (Epcot), Tony's (Magic Kingdom), Sci-Fi (DHS), 50s Prime Time (DHS), Kona Cafe (Poly), Mama Melrose (DHS), and Le Cellier (Epcot).

Since we're going during the hottest & rainy time we want to spend the am & night in the parks but spend, say 12-3, doing random things. Suggestions other than tours? Like things people don't really think about.

Mini golf at Fantasia Gardens:
If your at DHS or Epcot for the day, walk or take the boat over to the boardwalk area and enjoy the sights and sounds! Grab and ice cream or quick lunch at Beaches and Cream and enjoy a round of minature golf at Fanatasia Gardens near the Swan!

Rent boats from the WL marina:
We loved touring Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon and because your constantly moving... the heat never really gets to you.

Resort hopping is also a lot of fun! I was at the GF in March and hopped to the WL and back... you could catch the boat to the CR, walk to the MK, take the ferry to the TTC, walk to the Poly, walk to the GF, monorail to the CR, and boat back to the WL. Great for shopping and pictures!

We've only done tours in the morning but I highly recommend the Segway Around the World tour at Epcot... it was absolute blast!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Check out www.giftsofalifetime.com. They can arrange an event for your or decorate your room. We've done 3 different events they've arranged. They were basically scavenger hunts through the park. One for my cousin's college graduation wherein she earned her DDM (Doctor of Disney Magic degree). Then there was my brother's 40th birthday where we did an Amazing Race themed hunt through Epcot and then my niece's grade school graduation where we scavengered our way through the MK.

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

Just shopping at the different resorts can be fun. Also some night when you are headed to Magic Kingdom stop over at the Polynesian and check out the torch lighting ceremony they have in front of the main entrance. I believe it takes place at 5pm but you can look it up and make sure on the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom