Going To Disney Alone??

miamimickey72

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has ever gone to WDW alone?

Usually I go with my partner...but now that were not together...I really want to take a break from work and the everyday stress....so what a better way then to take a Drive to WDW. But feel strange going at it on my own.

Anyone else who has and wants to share thoughts, that would be great.

Thanks!!

MiamiMickey:wave:

Mansion Butler

I went alone over New Years, basically. I traveled by myself. My girlfriend was there some of the time, but she was visiting family in Orlando and I was staying at a resort with no car. That meant going to the parks by myself. Some of the time I had friends there, but it was really just mostly going to the parks by myself.

It's not bad at all. More boring and less fun if you've been there alot, but there are ways to enjoy Disney by yourself.

jcc0621

I've gone alone before. My family lives in the area and does not always like to go to the parks (believe it or not there are people like that out there). I found it very relaxing and stress free. You can do what you want, when you want. You don't have to make plans, just do what comes to you. At first I was a little uncomfortable eating alone, but the cast memebers were always very friendly and I would just carry a book with me so I would have something to read while I ate.

Other than that, you know most people at WDW are friendly, and you can pretty much strike up a conversation with anyone...

Go and Have a fabulous time:wave:

taylorsmommy530

If I had the opportunity to go to Disney alone, I wouldn't hesitate! I'd love to walk around at my pace, see what I want to see, duck into whatever shops I want....a far cry from when husband and kids are with you LOL!!!!!

Philmvt

It's your fun your way

WDW is great alone! Zip around where ever you want and have a great time. Stay onsite and get in early, do a few parks. I personally love to do all 4 parks a day & go to multiple fireworks shows each night!:xmas:

I spent the last two days of my last trip on my own, my family wanted to do certain things over again and I didn't, so I left them to go out by myself, and it was really great. Like Philmvt, I did all four parks in one day [I went into most of the merchandise shops in all of the parks looking for the elusive pink pirate hat for my little sister], and it was great not being on anyone else's schedule. Plus, you can take advantage of the single riders lines, or at the very least if you're on the regular line, you might get taken a round or two ahead in order to fill up the ride capacity.

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. Your all right. Do what I want....eat what I want...single rider lines.....so should be a great two days.

Also a time to relax and destress from the everyday life.

Im booking. :sohappy: :sohappy:

Be at WDW in two weeks!!! I cant wait.

Lord Pheonix

i go by myself every year at xmas. like everyone says, its great. the only problem i see is the lack of dinner conversation. but occasionally you get lucky and you can strike up a convo with someone sitting near to you.

ill tell u this, single riders tend to get on rides faster.

jcldtrek

Im planning on going in May by myself. Its the first time for me by myself. I know its gonna feel weird a little. Im getting the weird talk from friends and co-workers. They can't believe im going alone. All I know is i need a vacation :)

Spring Breeze

i would adore to go to disney world alone. and i don't have to go on the rides. just sit by the beach club watching the people go by. that is my idea of an amazing time..but just in general..disney world is just to great to create a scedule for

dazzer68

i would live to go alone! mypartner isnt much of a disney fan (hes more intrested in the technology) and so its a bit of an ordeal to get him to go,if i could go by myself i'd rush round first thing in the morning do all the big rides thing then just chill for the rest of the day and just rode was ever available, in my own time going where i wanted.Just the problem is im in the uk so it would have to be a one week holiday and then id think id get bored but for 2 days no way.do it have fun....perhaps you could start a singles club! we could all meet say hi then all go off and do our thing

tomm4004

I've been to WDW alone a number of times. The freedom is the best part. I went wherever I wanted on the spur of the moment. Instead of eating in sit downs, which is the norm when I go with others, I snacked and light-mealed my way around and actually enjoyed it just as much. (my food budget was $17 per day - I had free breakfast at motel and some discounts with AP). I found that I noticed things I wouldn't otherwise - architecture, background music for example - because I wasn't concentrating on talking to a partner.

I stayed off property. At one off property they had a bus to EPCOT every morning at 9am (this was May) returning at 10pm. I had a premium AP so I would take a pack with a tee and swimsuit and every afternoon (it was hot) I would head to a water park. No need for a hotel pool. I would finish every night at EPCOT - saw Illuminations from every possible angle! - and then catch the bus.

I suppose it takes a certain type of person to spend a week alone. I do have friends in Orlando though and I did hook up one day with them. I had dinner at their place and then with my friend took her nieces to space camp at Kennedy. That was fun. I have travelled all around the world - the real world - solo so a week alone at WDW was no biggy.

Robfasto

I have found that you can see as much in 2 or 3 days along as you can in a week with a bigger party. As others have mentioned with the single rides lines and being able to change your mind without voting on it makes it easier to see things. And something as simple as a bathroom break can save you a ton of time as you don't have to wait on others... ;)

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Thanks

WOW what a bunch of support. Thanks for the replies. I agree 100% that its nice to go with someone or a few people...but EASIER alone. I am not much of a loner which may explain why I feel a bit strange. But I already booked for the weekend of the 26th (next weekend) and I will be at Epcot and MGM. I am sure I will have a great time and find lots to do.

I cant wait.

Muchas Gracias :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom