Going solo: tips, tricks, advice?

I'm meeting up with some friends this January but will be doing a chunk of my trip (both Disney and Universal) solo. I've been before, but my last trip was several years ago and I've never gone without friends or family.

Any advice? Tips?

Schneewittchen

I went to MK once by myself before going to a convention in Orlando. It was awesome.

1. Go ahead and make a dinner reservation. Eat wherever you want, no arguments about "i don't like...."
2. Bring a good camera. When I was by myself, I took the time to linger, sat around a bit, took lots of cool pictures.
3. Don't be afraid to chat with CMs.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

Yes, I strongly agree with #3-it's amazing what CMs will share with solos. Also, when you're dining alone, don't be afraid to admit that you're dining solo and won't have a dining companion. I've gotten some great window seats that way, and at Coral Reef I was at a tanked table. The CMs seem to go out of their way to be sure the single diners aren't bored.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Not sure I understand. You mean let CMs know or other riders?
Other riders. Sometimes they'll "adopt" you into their party and report as a party of four instead of three and one.

I wouldn't do this in rides with single rider lines (in fact, I'd be in the single rider line*) but in other rides, it gives you something to do, people to talk to, and who knows -- you might strike up a new life-long friendship.

*yet another tip for solo parks mode...

Upvote 0

MagicKatMe

Original Poster
Other riders. Sometimes they'll "adopt" you into their party and report as a party of four instead of three and one.

I wouldn't do this in rides with single rider lines (in fact, I'd be in the single rider line*) but in other rides, it gives you something to do, people to talk to, and who knows -- you might strike up a new life-long friendship.

*yet another tip for solo parks mode...

Great idea!! Thank you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom