Going over to the darkside

misterID

There is 100% incorrect. I would bet heavy money that the average family has rarely, if ever, rejected Universal due to screen-based attractions.
How can that be 100% incorrect when it happened to me, dude?

I'm not making fun of anyone's mother here. I'm talking personal experience and my own personal preference and conversations I've had. The spur of the moment, "lets head over to UNI", and getting, nah, simulators make me sick. UNIs surge in attendance shows a lot of people don't mind the screens. I prefer physical sets, I hate simulators also. That's me and my company.

This section of the forum is getting worse than the worst Disney fanboy thread. Every time I come here there's a meltdown, drama or some kind of defensive, hypersensitive response to the mildist of criticisms... And I'm not even sure I have ever really criticized UNI as a park, as I am a supporter and I'm rooting for them. I'm really starting to understand the push back to keep any UNI talk off the main boards.

Evolution

How can that be 100% incorrect when it happened to me, dude?

I'm not making fun of anyone's mother here. I'm talking personal experience and my own personal preference and conversations I've had. The spur of the moment, "lets head over to UNI", and getting, nah, simulators make me sick. UNIs surge in attendance shows a lot of people don't mind the screens. I prefer physical sets, I hate simulators also. That's me and my company.

This section of the forum is getting worse than the worst Disney fanboy thread. Every time I come here there's a meltdown, drama or some kind of defensive, hypersensitive response to the mildist of criticisms... And I'm not even sure I have ever really criticized UNI as a park, as I am a supporter and I'm rooting for them. I'm really starting to understand the push back to keep any UNI talk off the main boards.

Personally I don't really prefer either one as long as it's a good ride. I can understand why some people wouldn't like them even though I've never gotten sick on one.

It can be argued that a certain other park has too many physical AA rides and not enough 3D simulators. After a while sitting in a boat watching robots themed to different stories move around gets old pretty quick, at least that's how I felt. I think there should be a good balance between both and I bet Universal realizes this now. The Kong ride is said to have a mix of both. The Fallon ride could possibly have a Fallon AA, who knows. I have a feeling the Fast & Furious ride will also be a mix of both, a Mummy type ride with AAs would be amazing.

Also I don't think this part of the forum is even close to other parts. Just go in the Hollywood Adventure thread and you'll see how any mention of Universal gets you automatically labeled a troll or trying to start another Disney vs Universal argument, and if you have a low post count (like me) you'll just be disregarded as begging for attention.

JT3000

Just go in the Hollywood Adventure thread and you'll see how any mention of Universal gets you automatically labeled a troll.

That touchy, eh? Can't blame them. I love the new name though. It's like a California adventure, only less ambitious. Very fitting.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom